PDA

View Full Version : Childrens Centre Rant!!!

maisiemog
29-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I used to love our local centre but I will never use it again after today!!!

This morning they left us waiting in the cold until 5 mins before the group started as they hadn't set up. Bad enough with 3 children in minus temps but then this afternoon topped it off.

We picked the infant school mindee up, and were walking across the the junior school bit when my dd and mindee both say they need a wee. We're not meant to use the loos at the school so I take them to the centre as its attached to the school. We're walking in the the centre and they basically kick us out saying they're busy dealing with a delivery. I explain to them that we only want to use the loo but they wouldnt let us....:censored: Not what you need with a toddler who is only a few weeks into toilet training!!!

As we were walking out my dd went to the loo on their carpet and although it's evil of me I thought it served them right!!! Cleaned that up for them with all the staff tutting at me about how long we were taking. I did turn around and say that if they'd have let us use the toilet in the first place we'd have been out of there a lot quicker!!! If it hadn't been for dd being soaking wet I'd have deliberately took my time with it as well!!!

Thankfully the school took pity on us and let us use the staff loo to get DD changed and sorted!

So guess I now need to find a few new groups to take the kids to and gonna write a letter of complain in a bit when I've calmed down slightly!

funemnx
29-11-2010, 06:44 PM
OMG!!! That's awfull! :angry: Grrrr........

Blaze
29-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Shame on them :angry:

Pipsqueak
29-11-2010, 07:15 PM
That is atrocious and yes it does serve them right.

PLEASE write a letter of complaint - as they are going to be ofsted inspected it will remain on their records AND they have to deal with a complaint.

Twinkles
29-11-2010, 07:18 PM
It does serve them right and NO way would I have cleaned it up ! It's their fault it happened in the first place. Whatever happened to children come first ? :angry:

The Juggler
29-11-2010, 09:40 PM
i'd like to know if they'd have treated a disadvantaged family knocking on their door distressed with a about to have a wee toddler with them, in the same way!

:angry: :angry: :angry: hon that's outrageous. they are there to help. they only need to open the door not supervise you for heavens sake, why can't you use the loo. I'd be putting in a formal complaint. I'm often there before out CM drop in starts but we can wait inside in the lobby whilst the room is made ready. for heavens sake. They'd lose all their 'target' families if they all had to wait or were treated like this:panic:

Playmate
29-11-2010, 09:45 PM
the stories about CC's never cease to amaze me :angry: I woud certainy be putting in a compaint.

The Juggler
29-11-2010, 10:00 PM
the stories about CC's never cease to amaze me :angry: I woud certainy be putting in a compaint.

or me! why do people take on these jobs - they clearly are not motivated to be sympathetic to people - of any kind which you'd reckon woudl be a big people skill necessary for this kind of role:panic:

chibault
30-11-2010, 05:38 AM
What appalling treatment! I'd be furious too! Definitely write a letter of complaint. Whilst they aren't a public convenience, they are called a 'children's centre' which surely means ultimately they are there for the benefit of children. I don't understand how being so uncompassionate to a child who needs their facilities is acceptable? It can be distressing for a child to wet themselves, are they unaware of this? This is not a child focused childrens centre if they would do something like this.

Let us know how you get on,
Becky x

caz3007
30-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I would definately be complaining too. They should have been a bit more helpful and let you used the loo. We have a sports centre on our school complex and they are always happy for us to use the toilet there, if the children are around getting changed etc, then you use the disabled. I always ask cos I feel guilty, but its a public building and anyone seems to be able to come and go