PDA

View Full Version : Sharing information with other settings. Again.

pinkbutterfly
29-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm having some trouble with getting the school to share info. I got parent's written permission, my introduction letter and a letter outlining my planning for the next 3 months as well as my learning journey. She took the letters and permission and put it in her file, looked at my learning journal and just said thank you. I just felt a bit :eek: . So now I've shared my info and where's her bit? It is supposed to be a two way thing, isn't it? When I mentioned about something in writing she just said I should present her with a form she can sign quickly to confirm she's seen it ... Now I don't think it's good enough so I thought maybe a short questionnaire. What do you think?
Some questions that I thought about:

Are there any thoughts you'd like share about what you saw in X's learning journal?

What themes are you going to cover over the next few months?

Is there anything you have observed that may help the way I work?

What do you think?

teacake2
29-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I had a mega problem with the school my mindee goes to, I never got any response from them (I never took/picked him up, always Mum or Grandparent) I just kept a copy of all my correspondence to them and put it in a folder. My network co-ordinator said that at least I had tried)
Teacake2

loocyloo
29-11-2010, 05:42 PM
i stick a form in LO learning journal and ask preschool to sign and date to say that they have seen it, and a space for any comments. i have seen one LOs learning journal ( as mum showed me ) but preschool haven't shown me any!

my view was - well, it shows I'M working with preschool - they can't prove they were working with me !!!

another preschool and i used to email each other every 3 weeks ( that was when they emailed parents the things planned for the next 3 weeks! ) we both printed out our emails to and from each other and kept them in our respective learning journals! (but i don't think they've done that for anyone else:blush: thinks its 'cos i used to work there, my DS & DD went there and i am friends with the staff!)

JCrakers
30-11-2010, 11:55 AM
This is what I am finding hard...they just seem to think I'm some sort of lesser person to them. :angry:

I havent tried again, just left it...Ofsted can see that Ive done my bit.

Becky x

Lady Haha
30-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I was like a dog with a bone on this one last year!!!! Teacher was similar to the one you mention only I did do a very very short questionnaire pretty much the same as your one and asked her if she would mind filling it in termly (like once every six weeks!) and she said she didn't have time....

I then tried to speak to the Assistant head teacher who was never available and didnt return my call even though I left a note with office staff saying I wanted to talk to her about EYFS.

Finally, I sent a letter recorded delivery to the head master explaining how hard I was trying to work with the school and that I was concerned I would get an unfair grading from Ofsted because I lacked this information blah blah, I attached stuff I printed off of Ofsteds website which backed up what I was saying.

That got their attention!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Head teacher rang me very same day the letter was recieved saying there was really no need to send it recorded delivery, so I said I did that because i wanted proof that I had tried to work with them when Ofsted inspected me:cool:

She came out to me in the playground a few days later with a couple of sheets of paper on mindee, what she had been doing that term, where she needed encouragement etc, what they were doing next term, what she enjoyed in class.......with the promise that this would be a termly thing from now on.:thumbsup:

It looked so good in mindees personal file here and must have taken just a few minutes to throw together at the schools end, why is that soooo hard???

But, my god, it felt good having the head teacher take me seriously at last!