PDA

View Full Version : Snow and school runs and a huge bump!

LeanneC
29-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Ladies

Just a question, i'm not sure what to say or do about.

I at present have only mm of snow (one of the lucky ones) so it's no issue yet.
I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I was thinking if we do get the snow again like last year 1.5ft almost do I go and do the school runs if the school is open. I have to get dd anyway from nursery but If I do the school runs I will have an 11mth old in a buggy to push, drag through the snow and schoolies to get home without any of us falling. It Will be bad enough trying to keep me and dd up on our feet lol walking home let alone everyone else and having my huge bump too.... I don't know what to do for the best..am i being too soft if I say I wont be doing school runs while the snow is about?

christine e
29-11-2010, 01:27 PM
If you are not happy going out in the snow then you need to say so - it really isn't worth the risk!

singingcactus
29-11-2010, 01:34 PM
It's up to you what you feel safe and comfortable with doing. Don't do anything that is scaring you. If you do chose to do the run then the buggy will be a problem in the snow - I'd recommend getting a sled :D. Easier for you to control (depending on what roads you have of course) just make sure kiddie is well secured in/on it.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
29-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Im in the same predicament (sp) as you, Im 35 weeks pregnant with a very big bump. Im down south so yet to have snow but its meant to be on its way!

LeanneC
29-11-2010, 02:03 PM
It's up to you what you feel safe and comfortable with doing. Don't do anything that is scaring you. If you do chose to do the run then the buggy will be a problem in the snow - I'd recommend getting a sled :D. Easier for you to control (depending on what roads you have of course) just make sure kiddie is well secured in/on it.

Ha hahahaha I think I would be frowned upon though mindee is only 11mths old :o Good idea though...could get the older mindees to pull me home :D

AliceK
30-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I've bought a new sledge this year it's for young ones and has a strap to hold them in. I actually bought it for my DD but IF we get it as bad as last year and I need to get to school for pick-ups I will use it for my 14mth old mindee as there is no way I would be able to push a buggy.

xxxxx

francinejayne
30-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I've bought a new sledge this year it's for young ones and has a strap to hold them in. I actually bought it for my DD but IF we get it as bad as last year and I need to get to school for pick-ups I will use it for my 14mth old mindee as there is no way I would be able to push a buggy.

xxxxx

Ooh where did you get it from please?

Playmate
30-11-2010, 10:59 AM
If you don't feel happy then don't do it. We have just made the decission not to do school runs in future. I'm not trying to push buggies or driving them in the car, when I don't even have to take my own to school (especially when their won parents are tucked up in doors :angry: )

AliceK
30-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Ooh where did you get it from please?

I bought them about 2 weeks ago from Decathalon but when I was in there this weekend they had completely sold out of ALL sledges. I was so pleased I got mine when I saw them. They're by Alpen Gaudi.

xxxxx

LeanneC
30-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I bought them about 2 weeks ago from Decathalon but when I was in there this weekend they had completely sold out of ALL sledges. I was so pleased I got mine when I saw them. They're by Alpen Gaudi.

xxxxx

Just had a look at those, they are really good....cheap too so may purchase one for future use :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
30-11-2010, 03:07 PM
You need to do a written risk assessment to show whether the risk is too high or whether you can minmise the risk by taking certain precautions, that way you have covered yourself.

newandlearning
30-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Personally I wouldn't jepadise my pregnancy for a school run..

I think there is a high probability that schools will shut if bad anyway.. and I wouldn't do the preschool run either ...

sometimes its better to say no to things .. I'm wondering if this could be one of those occasions? ;)

Hope you have a good pregnancy hun x

SamWilliams1980
30-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I agree I wouldnt compromise my health or bump for a school run, but I've been on the other side too. Where we were a few years ago my childminder was in the same predicament. I completely understood her problem, sadly my job didnt and i had to find childcare. Not an easy situation.

The Juggler
30-11-2010, 06:53 PM
hon just caught up on this. don't do it. i strained my back and tummy muscles so much today - I was practically horizontal pushing the buggy - you do not want to risk any harm to you or baby:)

take care out there all of you who are pregnant:)

Fabby
30-11-2010, 07:01 PM
DONT DO IT! Its not worth the risk at all. I have cancelled my schoolie for this week and probably will have to for next week to. There is no way on this earth i am going out and risking my bump for a school run. I have of course had to give fees back because i made myself not available but you cant put a price tag on keeping your unborn baby safe in my eyes. Hope you can come to some sort of arrangement. Stay safe xx