PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

daisychain0208
29-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi

My friend has just completed and sent off all the forms to Ofsted to become my assistant.

Any ideas on how long its taking at the moment to process the forms etc. I got a parent who wants me to take on her 2 in January but I am full to the brim!!!

Thanks

sarah707
29-11-2010, 06:03 PM
It seems to vary a lot at the moment. I would ring Ofsted and chase it in a week or 2.

Good luck! :D

Penny1959
29-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Well if needed (as with me) they can do it over the phone on sam day - and form can be emailed to them.

So if not heard in a week give them a call and explain need it in place before Christmas so parent will know if has place and can return to work.

Penny :)

daisychain0208
29-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok thanks for that Penny.

Do I need to tell them I want an increase in numbers too or does that happen automatically?

karensmart4
29-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Ok thanks for that Penny.

Do I need to tell them I want an increase in numbers too or does that happen automatically?

They will come out and do a visit and let you know how many max you can have if you are both present and how many if it's just you...thats how they did it for me anyway :)

sarah707
29-11-2010, 09:20 PM
If you want to increase your numbers you may need to apply for planning permission from your local council first.

I'd give them a ring tomorrow and check it out because it can take a while to get it sorted.

Hth :D

Penny1959
01-12-2010, 04:50 AM
When I did mine -I put numbers I needed on form and explianed when the phoned back how I was going to cope - equipment / meeting all children's needs etc. - and also why I needed it so quick.

They were very helpful and even made suggestions as to how to cover emergencies / assistant illness etc.

In my case I was asking for an increase from 3 under 5, to 5 under 5. As I only have 1 minded school age at moment the maximum number of mindees would be 6 - which in my area is the max number without planning permission.

As Sarah says if increasing your numbers over the limit in your area - you will need planning permission - and they can take some time!

Memina
11-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Hiya,

How do you find out what the max is before you need planning permission?

Thanks

M

Chatterbox Childcare
11-12-2010, 11:03 PM
If she has just sent in her forms the next step is the CRB and I doubt that this will be back in time for Jan.

Penny1959
12-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Hiya,

How do you find out what the max is before you need planning permission?

Thanks

M

Can phone council - but person answering phone may not know. Ask you Early Years Team or other local childminders.

I know quite a few the max is 6 minded children - but do not know if standard or not - so you will need to check.

daisychain0208
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi All

Just to let you know my assistant has been deemed suitable! Not bad considering that Ofsted didnt get her CRB application tillt he 23rd December! Suitability letter has been sent and CRB received!!!

Now on to completing the variation forms!!!

x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Email and follow up with the post - lots quicker