PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Pressie - How does this sound??

SammyM
29-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Just doing my month end bills and was going to attach this to each bill...

Just to let you know…..

I shall be buying all my minded children a small Christmas Gift, that I will give them to put under your tree on their last day with me before we break up.

The reason for this note is that I do not want or expect you to buy (my children) a gift, and wouldn’t want any parent to feel awkward or embarrassed that no gift is exchanged. The present I give is from me to your child, and I hope they enjoy it!!

And I promise, there will be no drum kits!!!

Thanks

TBH I don't want anymore toys, as I think we'll have enough, and if they want to buy a pressie they can get ME one LOL!!!!

Does it sound ok????

Mouse
29-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Um, I'm not sure what to think really. If I received a letter like that I'd probably think "blimey, I hadn't even thought of getting anything for her kids, but she obviously thinks I will be thinking about it, so i better had get something!!!"

I just hand presents over to mindees on their last day before christmas. Most parents send something for me, some send something for the family & a very few get something for my children. I figure they will do if they want to, but I don't think any of them ever feel obliged to.

Actually, any birthday/christmas cards, presents etc are always just from me, never my family, so perhaps parents know that the gift exchange is just between me & the mindee.

SammyM
29-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Mmmm, thats not what I intended, just thought that if it were me I'd feel a bit awkward?!?

berkschick
29-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Sorry but I agree :blush:

I dont think you need to mention it at all. Just hand out the gifts on the last day and thats that.

My kids have never been bought anything either (which is fine!). From one family we always get a big box of chocs for the family but everyone else just gets for me.

MAWI
29-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I hope you dont mind me saying, I would feel more awkward by that letter. I have used a childminder before i minded and I if I recieved that, although I know its a kind intended letter, parents may feel that they should buy because its mentioned. People do quite often buy gifts if its mentioned. I know I have had family problems on this one.I just think that somethings dont always need to be written down. If they do end up buying that up to them.

I always buy my mindees a little something, that they take with them on thier last day before christmas. However, this year I have organised a trip instead that is classed as their present which I have informed parents of.

Some parents buy only me, some buy all of us and some Im lucky to get a christmas card from. So with such a variety of parents saying nothing is the best option for me.

Lady Haha
29-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I agree, just hand out the gifts on the last day and don't mention it beforehand. I would also think it was a well hidden hint to buy your kids something :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just accept that some of your parents will buy YOU something, one or two might also get your kids something and a couple won't even feel bad that you got them and their kids something and they didn't even give you a card:rolleyes:

Thats how it goes here!

PixiePetal
29-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I would just give the gifts on the last day and if you or your children get anything, then so be it.

Some do, some don't. I would leave it to them

buzzy bee
29-11-2010, 02:10 PM
i can see why youve dpne it but i agree with the others - i'd just give pressies and not the note.

when they get the pressies they'll probabyl just think oh that was lovely rather than oh oops we didnt buy her kids anything!

caz3007
29-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I wouldnt send the letter, I buy for my mindies and as others say, some buy something back either for me, the family or my DS but others dont.

I can see your thinking behind it, but wouldnt do it

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Sorry but I agree :blush:

I dont think you need to mention it at all. Just hand out the gifts on the last day and thats that.

My kids have never been bought anything either (which is fine!). From one family we always get a big box of chocs for the family but everyone else just gets for me.

I agree - I don't forwarn

newandlearning
29-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I agree with everyone else... I've never received a pressie from one parent and at first felt really hurt initially as I've always given pressies to keyworkers and teachers.. now I realise its partially they just don't think of us in that way. and actually over the years that's become okay for me..

I also get that you are trying to be kind and not have parents feel pressured.. but I would give out the pressies on the last day and say happy xmas and leave it at that. xx:) otherwise you might find the opposite happens and they then feel pressured.. xmas can be soo emotional .. can't it!:rolleyes:

Hope you have a good one hun.. x

The Juggler
29-11-2010, 09:43 PM
i agree hon because those who might feel awful that you've bought a present and they haven't wont ever put themselves in that position. What I mean is : those that care enough like that to be worried will have already bought you/your kids a present and those that don't care, won't care and will probably never buy you or your kids a present.

that's just in my experience of course. Some buy me and my kids, some v. generous, some never even send us a card:cool: whatever, it's cool with me but I see where you're coming from with the note, I'm a bit the same myself always worrying, but I've learned not to:)

glitzygal
29-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree with the others, if they are going to buy they will, if not they wont, and i have boxes of chocs to share with my own 2 kids, and some a bottle of wine THAT I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE , although my 18 year old feels she should,, and 15 yr old does, but i open it up when they not around,

hahahah:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: