PDA

View Full Version : do you have a Welcome Sign?

newandlearning
29-11-2010, 10:14 AM
hi ..

I used to have a really big poster which was a great multicultural hello sign but it gradually got ripped over time so I got rid.

now I'm being told by my development officer that just a wooden sign saying welcome isn't enough..

so's I'm a wondering.. do you have a multicultural sign up .. and if so where did you get it from? :)

MAWI
29-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I only have a small wall poster (a4 size)with welcome in all different languages. However, I would be interested too to see what everyone else has

Happy Bunny
29-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I got one from childmindingresources
it was a free download.
Before i had that i made my own one up doing bubble writing which the children coloured in

Chimps Childminding
29-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I used to have one - sounds the same as Mawi, but to be honest I have a change around every so often as I get fed up and take things down - and I have taken it down and not put another one back up!!! Get fed up of things on the walls and no one takes any notice of whats on my notice board :rolleyes:

loocyloo
29-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I only have a small wall poster (a4 size)with welcome in all different languages.

thats all i have (from freechildmindingresources), opposite my door, and actually, i think its more than plenty!

i think DO often just go round thinking of things that would be 'nice' and making them sound like 'must haves' :rolleyes:

Penny1959
29-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I have large poster in the hall - so people see it when come in - but I don't have to look at it every day. If having visitors at weekend or I am closed for my holidays - I take it down (is in a clip frame) and hang up my daughters graduation photo in it's place.

Picking up on comments about DO's - As a past DO - I always used to 'suggest' things and leave it up to childminder if felt wanted to do that or not.

I think that sometimes DO's do say things in a way that sound like 'you must' (hope I never did) but that also sometimes childminders misunderstand what is a suggestion and then get uptight that have been told 'must do' when in fact they have only been given a suggestion. Actually a DO's role is to advise not to tell - of course the advice is sometimes excellent and worth taking note of - and at other times - well - lets say open to debate!

Penny :)

Chimps Childminding
29-11-2010, 11:50 AM
To be honest there are lots of things I would have up if I had a dedicated play room, and lots of LOVELY furniture etc. I would like, but I don't have a playroom I have a lounge and diner and though having stuff up doesn't bother me most of the time, I do get fed up once in a while, hence the sorting out :blush: Plus dh and ds' don't want the whole house looking like a nursery :D

Ripeberry
29-11-2010, 12:31 PM
You can get them from local libraries, they usually have a rack of posters :thumbsup: You do have to pay though, but maybe you get a discount?

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
29-11-2010, 01:13 PM
thats all i have (from freechildmindingresources), opposite my door, and actually, i think its more than plenty!

i think DO often just go round thinking of things that would be 'nice' and making them sound like 'must haves' :rolleyes:

I have the same one from this website to.

lesley
29-11-2010, 01:41 PM
This is good website

http://www.schoolslinks.co.uk/resources_dl.htm

Lesley

merry
29-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't have one now, it got tattered and torn so took it down and no one seemed to notice so I never replaced it. The way I welcome the children and families at the door is what makes them feel welcome, not a poster.

:)

PixiePetal
29-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't have one now, it got tattered and torn so took it down and no one seemed to notice so I never replaced it. The way I welcome the children and families at the door is what makes them feel welcome, not a poster.

:)

I agree, my smiling face should be enough :D

FussyElmo
29-11-2010, 02:37 PM

My DO gave me this one :D

miffy
29-11-2010, 06:22 PM
No, never had one - I think it's more important to say hello to everyone myself!

Miffy xx

JCrakers
30-11-2010, 12:00 PM
No...my dining room already looks like a nursery and the only thing I have in my hallway is my reg cert and Ofsted poster on a notice board. Dont have anymore room for extra posters
:D

Becky x