PDA

View Full Version : Presents for Mindees at Xmas

newandlearning
29-11-2010, 10:11 AM
hi everyone...

I'm getting in a bit of a caffuffle .. I bought a woodie potato head for my mindees ages 3 and 4 .. and am now thinking they would rather have the monkey business game from elc... :panic:

do you buy pressies for the mindees.. and if so how much do you spend.. also
do you think potato heads are an okay pressie for a 3 and 4 yo...? I'm doubting myself now..

I'm really tight for money this year and don't want to go too overboard with thingss.

what are you all doing? :)

emmadines
29-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Hello, yes i do buy them a little something - I spend a Max of £5 on each (I have 5 mined kiddies so it al adds up) I cant see a mr potato head being a problem in that age group

Chimps Childminding
29-11-2010, 10:27 AM
I also only spend about £5, but June and I pick things up in the sales during the year so it usually a more expensive present, but picked up in the sale IYSWIM :rolleyes: This year all our mindees have got cuddly dogs we got from Matalan in last year's January sale :D Two older boys have got remote control monkey's also bought on the sales - none of them cost more than £5 :blush:

loocyloo
29-11-2010, 10:28 AM
yes, i get mine all a little something, and again, to a maximum of £5.

usually a book, but this year got a load of stuff in ELC sale in september :blush: so they've got bath crayons, or little dolls, or craft sets!

xxx

singingcactus
29-11-2010, 10:48 AM
hi everyone...

do you think potato heads are an okay pressie for a 3 and 4 yo...? I'm doubting myself now..

Mr potato head will be great for the kids. To be honest, they will probably be getting toy story stuff for christmas this year anyway - with the release of toy story 3 - so it should fit in well with some other gifts they have.

After christmas, if you find you can afford it and you still want to get it, then get the monkey business game as a gift for the setting, then you can play it with them. But only if you want to.

Stop stressing, the kids will love potato head. I have a rucksack filled with potato heads and it is one of the most played with items I have - from 18 months through to 10 year olds! So breath and smile.

LeanneC
29-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi

Ive bought some personlised pencils and crayons and a nice pencil case to put them in for all my mindees as all over 5 now apart from 10mth old whom I have bought a few little things as its his 1st birthday in Jan too and I wont see him before.

I tend not to go overboard as Iv'e learnt from past experiences sometimes I have never got even a card or a "Have a good Christmas" said BUT this time all mndees and parents are lovely and I spose we dont give to receive.

It's a small world
29-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Max £5 . As for potato head my ds is 3 and father Xmas is bringing him buzz mr potato head. I think it's a fab pressie !!!

candy cat
29-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I buy a nice b.day pressie and token pressies for for xmas.......decoration with names on...about £3.50 plus they will go home with all the goodies that they have made for parents.:)

Lady Haha
29-11-2010, 01:38 PM
My lot are all getting little Christmas stuffed toys (bears, rabbits with hats on etc) that I got for 50p each in Wilkinsons sale last January....last of the big spenders, I am:D

I spend more on the mums, I have done them all photobooks this year which are absolutely lovely!

At the end of the day, we are a business and we need to suck up to the ones with the money like the big companys do! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MAWI
29-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I usually spend £7-£10 on each child. I aim for a £5 or so for the present, then buy some little santa/xmas chocolates or goodiebags.
They also go home with all their arts/crafts from December which I class as a present for MUMs/DADs.
However this year, I have decided to treat them all to a trip on the Santa train as their present which is £12 each child. I will not be repeating it next year, I was just lucky enough to have a very good year business wise.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2010, 02:35 PM
hi everyone...

I'm getting in a bit of a caffuffle .. I bought a woodie potato head for my mindees ages 3 and 4 .. and am now thinking they would rather have the monkey business game from elc... :panic:

do you buy pressies for the mindees.. and if so how much do you spend.. also

I'm really tight for money this year and don't want to go too overboard with thingss.

what are you all doing? :)

I have spent £10 on my under 5's and about £7 on the older ones.

PixiePetal
29-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I spend about £5 or less if I find a bargain - Tesco had BOGOF books so got some in there :thumbsup:

'That's not my...' set of 3 books for £7.99 I think, splitting it up for 3 tinies :D :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
29-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I've just done my xmas shopping for mindees - from the 2 for £15 range at argos so i've got 4 gifts for £30 and thats the lot! :thumbsup:

Joda
29-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I usually spend about £5 per child and pick things up over the year that I think they will like.
(I also keep a note of what I have bought them so I don't duplicate presents for birthdays and following Christmas if I 'bulk buy' on items!)

Chimps Childminding
29-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I usually spend about £5 per child and pick things up over the year that I think they will like.
(I also keep a note of what I have bought them so I don't duplicate presents for birthdays and following Christmas if I 'bulk buy' on items!)

Same here!!! June and I also pick things us as we see them for mindee's birthdays during the year - when the sales are on :blush: