PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE TO I'M FINALLY A CHILDMINDER

CHUNKY MONKEY
29-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Just spoke to Ofsted as this has been bothering me and she said that if you can prove you are competent and can meet requirements for over night care she should have given it to me. She said I am as I have my own child!!!!!!!! :D

She is going to make another note to say that the same inspector has misinformed me twice (another post on here) I don't want to get her into trouble.

Please be aware that it is not as easy as she made out to get over night care at a later date. Ofsted told me I now need to fill in a proforma which is sent to a department who will make the decision. I said so it would have been easier to have just registered for it at the beginning when I wanted to. After she took a short pause...she then said yes!!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh well at least I'm not in a rush for this:laughing: Good luck to all of you applying for overnight care,push for it.

And yes I can have my DD and 2 other under 5's

PinkPrincess
29-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hmmm this is interesting I just had my pre reg and wanted to be registered for overnight care, She said it wasnt on my application!! it was!! Then she said it would be easier to registere me for over night care once I was registered as it had to be child specific?! Is this not true then? I told her I have spare beds travel cot moses basket and plenty of bedding but she said to do it when someone asks for it

CHUNKY MONKEY
29-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Hmmm this is interesting I just had my pre reg and wanted to be registered for overnight care, She said it wasnt on my application!! it was!! Then she said it would be easier to registere me for over night care once I was registered as it had to be child specific?! Is this not true then? I told her I have spare beds travel cot moses basket and plenty of bedding but she said to do it when someone asks for it

They got it WRONG! Was this Tribal by any chance?

PinkPrincess
29-11-2010, 10:47 AM
No it was prospects. I was really annoyed cos she could see i had the space, had done my fire escape plans and ra's. Got to ring ofsted to chase something tomorrow so will ring them about that too.

So what do you have to do now if you're already reistered to get it?

CHUNKY MONKEY
29-11-2010, 10:53 AM
have you got your certificate through?

PinkPrincess
29-11-2010, 11:43 AM
not yet no, they are looking into weather i need a medical assessment first

CHUNKY MONKEY
29-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Right when you call them tomorrow tell them you wanted it but felt pressured (if you did of course) not to get it straight away.
Once they have done your certificate you will need to fill in a proforma form which they will send when you call them to tell them you want to do over night care.

Hope you manage to stop it before your certificated is complete. Good luck :thumbsup:

melfish
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I registered for overnight at the time, they told me it would be a long drawn out process to get it afterwards - so her saying to get it when someone asks is disgusting cos it will take ages and whoever asks will be disappointed unless they ask 4 weeks in advance or something (unlikely!)

Honestly these people, **** from elbow?

melfish
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow I didn't realise it does that when you say ****

CHUNKY MONKEY
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I registered for overnight at the time, they told me it would be a long drawn out process to get it afterwards - so her saying to get it when someone asks is disgusting cos it will take ages and whoever asks will be disappointed unless they ask 4 weeks in advance or something (unlikely!)

Honestly these people, **** from elbow?

I wished I had been told that from the beginning instead of all this nonsense, so annoyed :angry:

sarah707
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Wow I didn't realise it does that when you say ****

It stars out a lot of words which other members might find offensive and Pauline can add others as they come up.

It's very clever isn't it :D

melfish
01-12-2010, 08:28 PM
yes it ****** well is!

melfish
01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
just testing!

mayberry
02-12-2010, 05:53 AM
It stars out a lot of words which other members might find offensive and Pauline can add others as they come up.

It's very clever isn't it :D

:)

Dawn x