PDA

View Full Version : winter coats or not !!!

loocyloo
29-11-2010, 09:52 AM
at 8 am this morning, my car was reading -5 ! ...

mindees get dropped off ... 2 looking like they are going to the arctic, another bundled up and another ....

i've had to say to LO mum that maybe, just maybe, she actually needs a winter coat !! she said ''oh, but its a canadian fleece, and you snuggle her in a fleece in the buggy'' i said yes, but its very cold and she needs a thicker coat !!! for goodness sake!!! she has a long sleeved vest, a THIN long sleeved tshirt and this fleece coat! the rest of us have at least 3 layers on! why am i not surprised she has a very snotty cold and cough? !!! i shall be requesting a cardi PLUS coat, as knowing her, she'll turn up in a coat and only a tshirt !!! i am not turning up my heating just 'cos she can't dress her children appropriately!

i go through this EVERY year ( for the past 4 years! ) for her older child, obviously it never goes in !!! :mad:

i've looked in her bag for spare clothes and only a pair of trousers & a tshirt in there! her spare clothes went home a couple of weeks ago and i forgot to remind i NEED them back !!!

rant over!

and whilst i'm at it ... what is the significance of it being a canadian fleece? i guess it gets cold there, but i expect they don't wear them instead of a coat!!! :rolleyes:

emmaflossie
29-11-2010, 10:04 AM
i get exactly the same .. all my parents work in offices and im sure they dont realise what it is like to walk in this weather!!
I get so many comments from parents at the school about how cold the kids hands are and so on and so on.
I have to explain everyday i can only put them in what their parents send me!
I find it even worse with after school children especially in the winter when they want to go play in the garden and all they have is school shoes! :angry:

Joda
29-11-2010, 10:08 AM
One of mine has come in a winter coat but is only wearing a tee shirt underneath (no vest either!) and only another tee shirt in bag. Mad!!

loocyloo
29-11-2010, 11:16 AM
LOL! have just rung the mother of LO to come and collect as very snotty, grotty, coughy and to top it off, 3 horrible nappies in a row! all LO wants to do is cuddle and spread snot everywhere! (its in her eyes, ears, hair, as everytime she sneezes, she wipes her hand init before i can get a tissue to it! LO is 15mths!) also dropped into conversation that she would be too cold on the school run !;)

she is coming soon to collect !

Hebs
29-11-2010, 11:18 AM
One of mine has come in a winter coat but is only wearing a tee shirt underneath (no vest either!) and only another tee shirt in bag. Mad!!

same here :panic:

candy cat
29-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I keep saying it one went over the top and got the thickest warmest coat ever......the other lo has to have one that matches every outfit and they're far too thin and always as a runny nose!:rolleyes:

angiemog
29-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I had 4 under 3s last week 3 of them arrived without coats! I can manage with 1 possibly 2 at a push but 3!!!!! We only went to the library for rhyme time and we went in the car. We usually have some time on the park but I decided it was far too cold and they weren't dressed for any length of time outside. Some parents.....

georgie456
29-11-2010, 01:02 PM
My friend had one arrive last week in a lovely winter coat with just a long sleeved top and a pair of tights on underneath.....and she was expected to go to pre-school that day!
What makes me laugh is when parents drop their child off wearing stuff like this, yet they are wrapped up themselves!!!!

teacake2
29-11-2010, 01:08 PM
All three of my 2 year olds turned up with thin tshirts on and thin summer coats, good job we didn't have to rely on parents to go out anywhere to-day, but luckily I have a supply of winter outer garments at the ready so that we can go out in the snow.:( :(
Teacake2

singingcactus
29-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Well I don't feel quite so bad now. I sent my little boy of to school this morning well kitted out for the weather. I was thinking that maybe I'd gone a little over the top, bare in mind he is in school for 6.5 hours and has constant access to out doors, I figure he will go through one pair of gloves an hour - at least. He has shoes, wellies, coat, jumper, spare socks, 3 hats (they get wet) and 7 pairs of gloves. Felt bad though that he had forgotten to put his vest on when he got dressed.
At least now if I have been a little on the cautious side I know that the kids in his class can share his stuff and get to join in too. It's tough to know when to stop adding to the bag - but seriously, those parents need to get a clue. Even if they can't persuade their little chap to wear the clothes, there's a good chance the childminder will be able to.

Pipsqueak
29-11-2010, 02:02 PM
My 'babies' 19mth old and his sister 7 months old - hmmmm - mum sends then in 1 layer of thin clothing, a vest (older child doesn't wear a vest) and a fleece cardy. I'm not sure if its a northern thing but fleeces seem to serve as or be believed to be coats.
Playing out in the snow earlier - I put one of James old coats on older child A and when mum arrived she was very surprised and asked me why I'd put a coat on him.
Yet again I pointed out that when the little ones are sat in a buggy if we are out and about - baby M is immobile, and A won't wear a hat or gloves - he is also not that active and even I get blooming frozen out in the snow.

hopefully mum will get the hint now.....

Pipsqueak
29-11-2010, 02:03 PM
oh and I am betting that P and R arrive at 3 with thin clothing and just a coat and no wellies and they will want to go out and play in the snow.....

loocyloo
29-11-2010, 05:34 PM
woohoo!

i've just had grandparents of LO i sent home arrive to pick up older sibling ... asked what my plans were tomorrow ... i said walking school runs and going out all morning !!!!

they said 'oh its going to snow'! well, i'll still be walking school runs !!! they will keep LO at home with them as she isn't well enough to be going out !! (yet apparently well enough to come to me! :rolleyes: )

actually the grandparents are fine, mum relies on them rather alot and they get a bit fed up too! i got the feeling they think LO needs proper coat etc!

another dad has just picked up and rolled his eyes at the quantity of warm clothing his children were taking home !!! :D