PDA

View Full Version : Policies and Procedures for Over 8s?

buzzy bee
28-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the mum of one of my over 8s... She says she doesn't have enough time to read my parent pack, so as yet she hasn't signed my slip to say she's read my policies...

Do I NEED this? I look after early years too so when Ofsted inspect me will they mark me down for not having this for an over 8? And will my insurance still be valid?

I thought maybe I'd print off a different version for her, saying 'I have a copy of the policies and procedures, and I understand it is my responsibility to read and understand them.'

Is this enough?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
28-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I would put a note on the childs file saying that you have given mum/parent copy of P&P's but (and quote what she says) you and her sign and date this.
tell her its to cover you for Ofsted and insurance - that way you have evidence if ever questioned.

I would also invite her in for a formal chat - explain your most important P&P's and points in others - consider doing a summary of the full works and email. during the chat I would try to impress on her that its really in HER benefit that she makes time- make a joke and say its great bedtime reading material or relaxing stuff for a bath!

Ofsted shouldn't grade you down for it.

marnieb
29-11-2010, 06:47 AM
I would say of course she has to read and sign them all, the same stuff (Permission slips, photos, meds etc) apply to every child, no matter their age!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the mum of one of my over 8s... She says she doesn't have enough time to read my parent pack, so as yet she hasn't signed my slip to say she's read my policies...

Do I NEED this? I look after early years too so when Ofsted inspect me will they mark me down for not having this for an over 8? And will my insurance still be valid?

I thought maybe I'd print off a different version for her, saying 'I have a copy of the policies and procedures, and I understand it is my responsibility to read and understand them.'

Is this enough?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Ofsted don't seem interested in anything other than EYFS. I would just get her to sign to say that she has seen them