PDA

View Full Version : Creche for Mindees

Helen Dempster
28-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi all

Just a quick question...have any of you ever put a mindee into a creche while you had an appointment? My DS has his Christmas production next month and they have a creche for siblings. I was thinking it may be alot easier/stress-free is he's not with me (he's 15m). Obviously I would speak to the parents and get their permission in writing, but was just wondering if anyone had done this before, or if you think it's a no-no?

Cheers.

Playmate
28-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I think as a general rule of thumb it is a no no, however for a one off event of this nature providing that you are happy with how the creche is organised, you have written consent from the parents and you are not leaving the premesis I don't see why not, but others may disagree.

Mouse
28-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I know you can leave them in a creche if you are attending a relevent training course, but I don't think you can for anything else.

I would phone Ofsted tomorrow to check.

Pauline
28-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I know you can leave them in a creche if you are attending a relevent training course, but I don't think you can for anything else.

I would phone Ofsted tomorrow to check.

I agree with Mouse, you can't leave them for anything other than training, it might well affect your insurance too :)

wendywu
28-11-2010, 11:32 PM
823841]I know you can leave them in a creche if you are attending a relevent training course, but I don't think you can for anything else.

I would phone Ofsted tomorrow to check.[/QUOTE]

I didnt think we were even allowed to use a creche for training. Is it ok with Ofsted then. :)

Blaze
28-11-2010, 11:46 PM
You used to be able to leave them in a creche for training but it's now frowned upon (since EYFS came in).

pinkbutterfly
29-11-2010, 01:58 AM
You used to be able to leave them in a creche for training but it's now frowned upon (since EYFS came in).

This is a thing that really annoys me ... there is so much training available but it's hard to attend if you work ... I signed up only for those in the evenings ...

Going back to the original post ... I would leave a mindee in a creche with parents permission as long as I was happy myself with the way the creche is run.