PDA

View Full Version : What to ask parents {enquiry}

aly
28-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I have had an enquiry for care dor 1 day a week {it fits well for me}, and everytime i get an enquiry i think i will be ok asking questions but I know i come across a stumbling bloack sometimes so wonder what do YOU ask parents when they visit you?

Just so I know it looks like I'm prepared....:littleangel:

sarah707
28-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Tell me about your little one... their routine, the things they like to do etc.

What are your expectations for your little one's care?

I'm not sure tbh interviews usually go by in a blur!

Most of the info is on the All about me document so the interview is for a chat and show round etc :D

aly
28-11-2010, 08:59 PM
thanks sarah
I always fluff up and get muddled lol and only when they gone I think oh I should have asked that.!!..lol

x

Playmate
28-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Normally at the initial visit I talk more about us and what we do rather than quiz them. Theres plenty of time to find out about them if they definately say yes. I can usually tell whether I can work with the parents from the questions they ask us :D

acorns
28-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I had an interview last week and all went well, had a cuddle and play with baby, chatted about lots of things, mainly other than childminding! But afterwards I worried that I should have told them much more about what I do. I'm very keen as I felt we could all work together (and baby was gorgeous) Mum has come back to me and wants to book me & is just waiting on work confirming her new contract. They had been to three nurseries and three other childminders before me, so i'm quite flattered!!. I think parents mainly look for how you 'are' with them and baby to make a decision and anything else they want to know they will ask about if you forget to say

aly
28-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Normally at the initial visit I talk more about us and what we do rather than quiz them. Theres plenty of time to find out about them if they definately say yes. I can usually tell whether I can work with the parents from the questions they ask us :D

I only asked really as the mum I saw 2 weeks ago asked if I had any questions for them, and thats when i think I fluffed it lol.