PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Crafts...

patevans
28-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I am fed up of Christmas crafts now, we have large bags of things we have made and I am so ready for Santa to come now!

What has everyone else been making?

miss mopple
28-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Not alot yet, Im very bah humbug this year :blush:

Have got the christmas stuff out in the playroom in the hope that motivates me but I'm really struggling with the whole thing right now :(

We decorated foam xmas trees today (yep- working on a Sunday, mad fool that I am :rolleyes: ) but that's it so far

teacake2
28-11-2010, 06:26 PM
We have only made a couple of decorated trees at the moment, none of my little ones like doing any craft things so it is very hard to get them to do anything.
Teacake2

Joda
28-11-2010, 06:36 PM
We haven't done anything for Christmas yet - we did Road Safety last week so must find some inspiration to start on Christmas activities!

singingcactus
28-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Nothing here. It is only November after all :laughing: . We don't as a general rule do 'craft' here, we do a lot of free art for which I might provide christmas colours, or materials but I am not a fan of 'craft' for little kids.
We will do our traditional friendship wreath over the course of the month, which involves various types of handprints, in christmassy colours, cutting them out and me attaching them all to some card circles so the kids can all take home a handprint wreath of theirs and their friends hands.
I will also let them do some free painting, using whatever implement's they want, which I will cut out into christmassy shapes for them to sparkle up with tinsel/glitter if they want to.
I will also have out a cutting up table with tinsel, ribbons, and those little shiny flower things people stick to gifts. And I'll set up a gift wrapping station where the kids get to wrap up different sized boxes.
Then on the last day I have all the kids we will make our yule logs to send home, decorated however each child wants to - no rules as to what the final look is, so long as the kids have had fun making their own creation.

sarah707
28-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I have some trees for the little ones to decorate.

The older children make a calendar with photos from the past year and everyone does something so they can take home a card ...

This year I have cheated and got colour in ones because that's what the older children chose.

The little ones will have free art and I'll add a photo of each of them. :D

PixiePetal
28-11-2010, 07:12 PM
we have made paper plate wreaths, decorated card trees, potato printed reindeer for cards (always do about 6 so they can give to grannys etc) and started threading beads onto tree type of pipe cleaner things to make into mini wreaths.

Will post pics when I get time.

Taking it slowly as I have some mindees who are once a week.

Paper plate snowmen next week if they want to :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
28-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Havent started yet :D

Bah humbug here too wont start till the 1st :)

Daftbat
28-11-2010, 08:23 PM
No I haven't done anything yet - too soon

It's a small world
28-11-2010, 08:24 PM
made a snowman bag for chocs to go in

currently making angels and snowballs for the tree

going to make handprint tea towels for mummy and handprint mug for daddy

nearer the time going to make choc fudge for grandparents

children made cards that we had printed at Cauliflower Cards (great success)

Lots of singing xmas songs

tree going up next week. cant wait I love Xmas :clapping: and to top it off was told last week parents not at work so Xmas week off but still charging (wed/thur) dont work bank holidays or new years eve so a little bit of cash coming in too:clapping:

MAWI
29-11-2010, 09:53 AM
I have not started yet. I refuse to until at least next week. Then, we will have lots of songs about christmas, creative and messy play( will just use internet for ideas) and no doubt talk endlessly about christmas. If I do anything now, they will be far too excited and will spoil the atmospohere of preparing for xmas for me. I love the crazy atmosphere of 2 weeks before christmas. I started ealr last year and they were not bothered by the end of term.

I have to say though, I cheat a little. I buy prepared colour in cards, calendars and crafts from Baker Ross. I find these suit all the age groups I have and they take no time at all to set up. We will visit local churches, fetes and schools to watch their siblings nativities.
For their xmas present, I am taking them all on the Santa Train at Longleat.

:)