PDA

View Full Version : Letter and Sounds activities for adults?

venus89
28-11-2010, 09:53 AM
My Network Coordinator has asked me to run a training session about Letters and Sounds for local Childminders but I have to write it myself. I'm getting there but wanted to ask if there was any activity that would be fun and interesting for the adults to do during the session. Is there anything you did on a course that was really good? The people I'll be training are all people I know, some of whom have been Childminding a lot longer that I have so I don't want to annoy them!

mrs_scottydog
28-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I went on a letters and sounds course a couple of weeks ago run by our local council. Near the end they gave us a creative activity so that we could make something and take it home with us as a reminder of the course. They supplied us with a wide range of boxes, paper, balloons, stick on foam shapes, glue, selotape, feathers, large seeds, the list goes on. There were some fantastic items that people came up with, I made a box that you could shake with seeds in and decorated it. Just an idea? Hx

venus89
28-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I went on a letters and sounds course a couple of weeks ago run by our local council. Near the end they gave us a creative activity so that we could make something and take it home with us as a reminder of the course. They supplied us with a wide range of boxes, paper, balloons, stick on foam shapes, glue, selotape, feathers, large seeds, the list goes on. There were some fantastic items that people came up with, I made a box that you could shake with seeds in and decorated it. Just an idea? Hx

It's a good idea, and sounds like fun but this is something I'm not getting any funding towards and I currently pay for all the group activities out of my own pocket so a free activity would be better :blush:

Blaze
28-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Improve"good listening" by:

1) Reading a story about an animal (eg a dog or cat). Everytime the animal is mentioned, they have to make the animal's noise....a farm story can also be used & all animal noises have to be made.

2) Choosing a story with a well known line that is repeated often (eg 3 little pigs). Encourage all to join in with the line as you are reading

Improve sequencing skills by:

1)Playing " I went to the market & bought...." (you can add props to this if you want). They have to recall the sequence of items bought.

2) Sing memory sequencing songs like old macdonald, ten green bottles, head shoulders knees & toes etc)

Taken from my training on speech & language - letters & sounds.

HTH:)