PDA

View Full Version : Would you text the parent?

mrs robbie williams
28-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Hiya, had a lady round yesterday with her hubby and 9month baby. Everything went really well. They looked through my parent pack, i played with little one, they stayed for just over an hour. Just before they left mum said about a settling in period of a couple of weeks where she will come round and stay for a coffee just to get lo used to me and my home etc which i said yes fine. Last night she text me to say was really nice to meet me and lo seemed to enjoy herself and she'll be intouch within the next couple of weeks. Does this mean i've got the job.....? should I text back and say - nice to meet you too, shall I put lo on my books and we'll sort out paperwork at your next visit? im a bit unsure and dont want to seem pushy but obviously want to know as lo would be starting in jan and would take my only under 1 space xx

birch24
28-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I had someone round yesterday too, to start in January. She seemed to like me and said she would let me know. But I am not going to contact her or assume anything.
I am going to wait to hear from her. Its horrible waiting isn't it.
I suppose you could text her back and say if you definitely want the place let me know as soon as possible so I can keep the space open for you.
Keep your fingers crossed, and good luck.
:D :D

christine e
28-11-2010, 09:16 AM
I would ring (think texts can be difficult to interpret sometimes) explain the situation and ask if she definately wants your one and only place for child in that age group, if she does can you set a date for meeting because until they have signed on the dotted line then you cannot secure the place.

Cx

Pipsqueak
28-11-2010, 09:31 AM
First of all - do YOU want the job? :)

With regards to the settling in sessions - think about this hard. Of course they are a great idea and to be recommended and of course you will work hard and closely with her (the parent) to ensure the child becomes familiar and comfortable with you etc. However it is up to you to set the terms of business and that includes settlingin sessions.

remember you are NOT free childcare, this lady cannot stop for indefinate periods of her choice in your home/setting
so I would recommend designing a schedule.

But first and foremost I would be requesting a contract meeting (plus all other documentation) where the contract is signed and a (non-refundable) deposit is taken.

give the parent a call once you have all this stuff organised in your head and clarify the situation.

mrs robbie williams
28-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Pip Squeak, thanks for replying, I do want the job although it is only a couple of part time morning sessions a week but I feel I need to take someone on as at the moment I only have 1 for 1 afternoon a week as i recently lost both my fulltimers as their dad was ill and gave up work. I dont want to appear desparate but I am :) To be honest I didnt even think of asking for a deposit (you can tell im new at all this) I just thought if they sign the contract they will take the place ? xx

miffy
28-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I would ring (think texts can be difficult to interpret sometimes) explain the situation and ask if she definately wants your one and only place for child in that age group, if she does can you set a date for meeting because until they have signed on the dotted line then you cannot secure the place.

Cx

I would do the same as Christine.

I would also take a deposit of the first month's fees - signing a contract doesn't mean they will take up the place but if they are willing to give you a months money (non-refundable if they don't take up the place) then it usually means they are serious

Good luck - hope it works out for you

Miffy xx