PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit low

Lorraine B
27-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I got my certificate last week and i still have no children.( my mum says i'm impatient )
I was going to have my friends 3 (1 being full time the other 2 after schoolies) but she didnt get her job and she has applied for loads bless her.
I absolutely hate my job been there 10 yrs now as manager and now new owners treat me awful, I just want out.

I have advertised everywhere online now i need to make some brochures to pass out but not sure how or where to make one from ? Does anyone know to do it or where to get a template from ?

Sorry to rant on :blush:

Lorraine
xxx

MaffAnna
27-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi Lorraine,

Try not to worry to much, mindees seem to be a bit like buses. None for a while then three before you know it! I'm still pre reg but I know a few minders who say the same thing. It's mainly word of mouth, once people how good you are you'll be inundated!

Until then advertising is definitely the way to go. I'm sure you're already on ur local FIS and in time they'll get you on to childcare.direct.gov.uk. Vistaprint is also fantastic for postcards, ads and even car magnets.

Enjoy the peace and quiet and make sure all ur stuff is up to date and you know how it all works. There seems to be tonnes of stuff I'm still not sure about! :D

Lorraine B
27-11-2010, 06:34 PM
I have advertised at Childcare.co.uk, freeindex, FIS, Facebook via my own page and business page, netmums and have my own my own website.
Next will be the local shops :)
I had one enquiry yesterday and she was coming on monday but i got a message today that she has got her little one into nursery :(
Im sure something will come along , its just a big downer after spending 7 months getting this far.

Lorraine
xxx

mr man
27-11-2010, 06:36 PM
oh you sound like the same possition as mine, i registered in oct, advertised everywhere, postoffice and local shops, even got lucky with my childrens school putting advert in the newsletter before oct half term ( for jsut that week to get my name out there) - no joy at all. childcare.co.uk / google / yell.com / thomson - all other cms have my number too, they are all full, so was hopfull but nothing.
i wne tback to my job, as i was ot earning anything.

i email local parents from childcare.co.uk, - however you need to become a gold member - was suppose to have a family come twice, but still no show.
i'm loosing my motivation to do it to be honest, and i;m probably notgiving good vibes im sorry. however im not giving up. didnt do all those courses and spent the money i have to give up.

it will be worth it one day - its a rough time for all i think, and i guessing most people are using grandparetns as they are free.

fingerscrossed for you too. lets keep going.

Penny1959
27-11-2010, 06:45 PM
It can be very depressing waiting for first mindee - that was me not so long ago. Got certificate in April and nothing til June - and then was for a August Start - nothing much then for a couple more months - few phone enquires a couple of visit from waste of time people - BUT THEN all of a sudden lots of enquires and by begining of September all places taken / booked with deposit.

As I had actually walked out of my job at end Feb, I can tell you I was desperate - but so glad I hung on as loving the childminding.

Hang on as long as you can - hope you get mindees soon

Penny

TinyTinker
29-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm the same! Stuck in full time office work and waiting for mindees so that I can hand my notice in!:o

Lets hope we get some soon!

PixiePetal
29-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Sit tight, it will happen.

People may be looking for after new year as they will probably be sorted for now

good luck :thumbsup: