PDA

View Full Version : sick but only a cough......then projectile vomit!

candy cat
26-11-2010, 05:11 PM
This morning mum said mindee has been sick but it's a cough as she was going out the door.....went off to group then poor lo projectile vomited everywhere:( poor little mite had bug.....so phoned to send home and then had another lo coming for settling in,so gave mum choice and she said she'd rather keep her at home......So will be re writing sickness policy and might start charging them for loss of earnings for having to close.....annoying!

Pipsqueak
26-11-2010, 06:34 PM
i think the fact that the parent said the child was sick earlier was a warning. I must be rather hardhearted because even if it is just due to a 'cough' - the stomach contents have made an appearance and I am really sorry you can keep them at home.

Hope you all remain healthy

michellethegooner
26-11-2010, 06:46 PM
oh I've had that today, lo came this morn, mum said 'oh 'A' was sick last night' I quickly stated that she shouldn't be here then, mum stuttered oh it was when she was eating not from sickness.

within 1 hr she had the worst nappy ever followed by vomiting, rang Dad to come collect straight away, when he arrived he said 'oh I wasn't surprised you rang, was expecting it tbh, we had to throw her clothes out they were so bad from nappy & vomiting':angry: :angry: :angry:

Told him that they should re-read sickness policy as it is not fair on my family or other mindees that will now probably get the bug. am very tempted to call them Tues and say I am sick can't work c how they like it when shoe on other foot :angry:

glitzygal
26-11-2010, 07:13 PM
the stomach contents have made an appearance and I am really sorry you can keep them at home.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :jump for joy: thank you that made me giggle, (the apearance is a great way to explain it to the parents who just dont understand why they must keep LO's at home,)

Think i might include that in my policy.

the do annoy me to, they think you wont notice an ill,child just so they can still go to work,,,

Shivvie
26-11-2010, 07:58 PM
We've had the bug in our house this week. First mindee was sick in the early hours of Wednesday morning, so lovely mum kept her off Wed and Thurs. On Thursday, one mindee was sick all over our carpet and another, who doesn't attend that day, was sick at home.

All day on Thursday, one of our other mindees, who is 3, kept telling us in great detail how he'd been sick three times (would've been the Monday from what he said) and how he'd had to have a shower and sleep in mummy's bed. :rolleyes:

I spoke to his mum when she collected him and of course she denied that he'd been sick at all. Obviously we can't prove anything and I know children say things out of the blue, but it just seems a little coincicental. It's also very funny that he is now the only child that hasn't come down with the bug. We had to close today because our little boy started with it this morning, letting down the mum who had kept her daughter off! :(

It really annoys me that parents' selfish attitudes cause so much upset to everyone else and a loss of earnings for us! :angry:

Sorry, rant over......:blush: