PDA

View Full Version : Information Booklet

terrydoo73
25-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Am trying to compile an information booklet and wanted some ideas on presentation. I do have loads of pictures etc and information but thought of something inspiration relating to children. Anyone got any ideas? A quote or something on the cover would be brilliant I think personally but maybe I am wrong!

sarah707
25-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I have just uploaded photos into a welcome booklet type of thing - they will be printed into a photo book.

Is that the sort of thing you mean or are you wanting to do something yourself? :D

terrydoo73
25-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks Sarah - am just trying to produce this myself. What do you mean by a photo book - never heard of this so excuse my ignorance!

Penny1959
26-11-2010, 02:55 AM
I do a information leaflet for parents to take away if make an enquiy. I make mine by using 'Word' and importing photo's ect. Print as A5 booklet.

Most information is in my 'Parent Folder' shown to parents when visit. If they take up a place they get a 'Parent Pack' with policies etc in.

Not sure what sort of information pack you are doing.

As to a quote - how about something from EYFS - there are lots of statements to choose from that could be used - especially if take just the words you need rather than whole sentence. Personally I like 'Planning for each child's individual care and learning requirements' taken from 'You must plan for each child's individual care and learning requirements' pg 6 Practice Guidance OR the statements from pg5 of Practice guidance like ' Every child is a competent learning from birth'

Or if ypu prefer to stay well away from EYFS - then a statement that sums up what you believe in or something about your service / quality.

Sorry not much help on ideas - too early in morning for brain to be fully functioning!

Penny :)

sarah707
26-11-2010, 08:04 AM
One of these - http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/photo-books :D

rickysmiths
26-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I have a brochure that is printed on two sides of a4 and it folds in 3 to produce a leaflet with 6 sides that will slip into an envelope so I can send it out to parents prior to a visit. It has my name and logo on the front with the NCMA member logo and my Quality Standard Logo, A map and my full address, phone number and email on the back.

In side I sumerize my Policies in very brief form, tell f where we go and what activities we do and thats it.

If they come to see me then I have a more detailed Parent Folder with a copy of my Ofsted Report, A brief description of activities we do and places we go, A sample weeks menu, all Policies, Complaints Procedure, Emergency carers, Insurance Cert and a blank copy of the Contract and all the other forms I expect a parent to fill in and sign or sign. I allow the parents to take this away for a few days so they have a chance to read it, there is so much info for them to take in. For their visit I also have photo albums from when I started minding and a 'dummy' Learning Journal. I am in the process of doing a Photo Book for children so they can get a picture of what it would be like coming into my setting. I will be using the link Sarah has given to produce this.

terrydoo73
26-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone.

Yes I have a Parents Information Display book with all my policies and procedures in it but I don't give this out, it is freely available to all parents when they sign a contract.

What I am thinking more of is a summary of my policies ie the ethos of my practice, opening hours of business, don't arrive before the contracted time, don't send the child when sick etc etc It is just for interested parents who may want to use my services. I am living in the country and get requests for details all the time from people who have never used a childminder before and it is really to help them see what I am about professionally!!

I am also using Word document and importing photographs but what I am really after is a memorable quote - on my front cover I have my name of business, address and telephone numbers followed by a few countryside scene pictures then I just wanted a one liner quotation at the bottom after my mission statement from someone famous in relation to children which would make people think!!

sarah707
26-11-2010, 11:53 AM
If you want to complement pictures of the local countryside you could use this by Margaret Macmillan (1919)

"The best classroom and the richest cupboard is roofed only by the sky"

:D