PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed about grant

em29
25-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I am disappointed as I got an email from my DW yesterday saying that I did not get the grant I had applied for for my outdoor provision. Instead she said she had been advised that I would have more success asking for it for my indoor provision.
That made me angry because my indoor provision is good and my outdoor not good. Now Ofsted say that the outdoor provision should reflect the indoor provision and yet they wont give me a grant for the outdoor area.

I know I am not entitled to a grant and should be happy that there is atleast something I can apply for - I just think it is ridiculous that they are dictating where it is spent as long as it benefits the learning outcomes for mindees.

emmaflossie
25-11-2010, 07:02 PM
We cant even get a start up grant round here from january so reckon our chances of any grants are out of the window :(

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
25-11-2010, 07:09 PM
count your lucky stars we get a big fat NOTHING here!

juejue
25-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I was told the same. I wanted artificial grass so the children were able to play out side more as I have a large play house and more.
Was told.....listen to this because I was going to move the natural materials that the children need. I couldn't have it. Even though I have a large patch of grass where the children have planted veg/ flowers etc. ....so they would of still had * The natural materials * there.
I was disappointed aswell. :angry:

sarah707
25-11-2010, 07:12 PM
There are very few grants left out there any more :(

Hugs xx

em29
25-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Too true Sarah - it is a shame as some of us could really do with some help :(

sophiestars
25-11-2010, 08:51 PM
It's so unfair some get funding and others don't - we don't get anything here at all - not even help with setting up it's all out of our own pockets!

snufflepuff
25-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Not a penny here either, very unfair that some get and others don't. Should be everybody or nobody.....but then such is life!