PDA

View Full Version : registering an assistant

emmaflossie
25-11-2010, 06:48 PM
hi everyone ... im after some advice about registering my other half as an assistant

I have printed the assistant form off of the ofsted website ... I never did a CRB check on him at the time of me registering as he wasnt here when i was childminding but obviously now he will be.

Is the EY2 form all i need to complete or is there another one for the CRB check that i need to do?

I have a ofsted inspection on 6th December or there abouts and wanted to have the forms here complete for when she comes.

Im hoping they will allow us to have an extra under 5 on a tuesday and an extra over 5 after school every day from january. I have had 2 phone calls from parents enquiring today and i really feel i could fill more places too ... think im heading towards being able to open a creche lol

funemnx
25-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I think you will need a CRB for your other half as well as the EY2. It shouldn't take too long, but even if not ready for your inspection, you can show that it's applied for. Also If he will be left alone with the children, he will need a peadiatric first aid certificate. x

emmaflossie
25-11-2010, 06:54 PM
ok fabulous ... He actually wants to go ahead and do the dhc course and fully qualify as a childminder which will be very helpful ....

Ok so next question where do i find the forms for a CRB check and do these need to be signed by the ofsted inspector as i remember her doing mine on the pre reg visit?

funemnx
25-11-2010, 07:02 PM
My assistant is my neice with her own 2 children and has completed her DHC course but I already have her CRB check done so I think it came after we completed the EY2 form and sent it off then the CRB check came after that x

emmaflossie
25-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Ok so need to send the EY2 form off and then ofsted will pass on a crb check .... damn wanted to speed it up some what lol

juejue
25-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Just sent a EY2 form off for my daughter, she already had a crb done because she is over 16. so only had to send the EY 2 . Still waiting to hear from them. dont know how long it will take. If anyone knows that. would you let us know.

Noomie
25-11-2010, 08:13 PM
JueJue, keep ringing them! They need a constant reminder sometimes that you are waiting.

I am trying to register an assistant too at the moment and once you have relevant checks (family services, CRB) done after filling out the EY2 form then you have to fill out a variation form so that you can have any extra children. This can take additional time.

juejue
25-11-2010, 08:19 PM
JueJue, keep ringing them! They need a constant reminder sometimes that you are waiting.

I am trying to register an assistant too at the moment and once you have relevant checks (family services, CRB) done after filling out the EY2 form then you have to fill out a variation form so that you can have any extra children. This can take additional time.

Thanks for that. will give them a ring tomorrow. I don't need variation as I don't want extra children. I work with a co- childminder so just need an assistant so she can come out with us and help with the school pick up.