PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted notification of numbers???

marnieb
25-11-2010, 04:16 PM
hi all,

Do you all tell Ofsted what mindees you have and what spaces you have??? Last year I remember them phoning me up every few months to see what mindees I had, but have heard nothing from then lately. Should I phone them and inform them of my (newish!!) mindees, especially as I might need a variation in the new year??????

Minstrel
25-11-2010, 04:18 PM
No you don't need to.

They were probably checking to see if and when you were looking after children in the early years so they could arrange your inspection.

Penny1959
26-11-2010, 03:44 AM
It may have been your Family Information Service (or whoever sends out details to parents looking for childcare in your area).They also keep details about the service you offer such as which schools you pick up from.

In my area we get a call at least once a year and can phone in to update whenever we want to.

Apart from when an inspection is due - when they need to check if you have children in the Early Years age group - Ofsted do not phone to ask about numbers of mindees.

If you have one - ask your development officer who you should phone to update your vacancy details

Penny :)