PDA

View Full Version : i'll not do this again.

mr man
25-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Well i dont think i'll suggest weekends again. I had an enquiry, via childcare.co.uk. Parets asked for weekend visit or maybe a monday if husband can get the time off work. I said weekend will be fine and no worries of getting day off. As this was my first family coming and all excited and really hopefull. Anyway i replied saying weekend is fine, how about 1pm or around then. blah blah. never got a reply back.
So jsut in case they seen message I was all ready and like a woman possessed night before and all morning. Anyway, got to 1pm and i said to my kids, never mind lets go out, they're not coming now. So off we went out. No reply untill few days later, saying sorry that have been ill all weekend,and not turned on computer. hey ho it happens.

So few more messages later she suggests this weekend. I reply saying that will be fine ( now i did ahve plans but easy changed) so i can get the ball rolling. so to spk.
anyway that was last message, and its been a full week later, and still no reply. i have messaged again to ask if they are still wanting to call. no reply as yet. gutted.
We were planning a weekend in my parents, but changed due to this, and i do hope they come, or i'll be gutted.:(
NOTE TO SELF - WEEKENDS ARE WORK FREE.

michellethegooner
25-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't do wkends for that very reason, they are for my family and I don't want to be hanging around waiting for parents to turn up.

I always suggest in the evening when other parent has finished work, again I try to be flexible but still has to be early enough, cos again it eats into my family time, which is very precious especially now my kids are older and want to do their own thing a lot of the time, any time we spend together is really valued

Hope they turn up, I would send them an email to confirm appointment and to ask them to confirm otherwise you will be going ahead with your plans, Did you not get a phone number?

CHUNKY MONKEY
25-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Poor you...some people are so rude:rolleyes: If they don't turn up I would leave it at that as they would not be parents I would like to work with.

Hope you find a lovely family soon :D

spot
25-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I have made the same mistake only they came and i couldn't get rid of them :D

DH was not happy !!

Playmate
25-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I do weekend appointments if I have spoken to them and make it clear that they to ring me if they can't make it. I do lay it on heavy that it is my families time and that I'm doing them a big favour. I certainly wouldn't change plans for this thow.

tashaleee
25-11-2010, 05:53 PM
I do weekend appointments BUT I always take a contact number and tell them I need one 'in case I need to cancel for any reason as Im sure you would call me if you needed to change things and I would like to be able to do the same' :thumbsup:

Zoomie
25-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I delayed attending my nephew's birthday party, to wait for a parent to visit. It also happened to be during my week's holiday, so I had spent the best part of the day cleaning.

I even called in the morning to confirm they were still coming and she told me she was, and that she was a childminder

She never pitched up. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now weekends and holidays are MINE

rickysmiths
25-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I do weekend appointments if I have spoken to them and make it clear that they to ring me if they can't make it. I do lay it on heavy that it is my families time and that I'm doing them a big favour. I certainly wouldn't change plans for this thow.

This is what I do as well. I do it because it is often easier to bring a lo in the day rather than the evening when they are tired and the parents can't concentrate.

The other thing I try to do is deliver a copy of my brochure to their house, this way I see where they live and I meet them before they come to my house. I find this breaks the ice. There is a map on my brochure so they can find me easily.

mr man
26-11-2010, 09:38 PM
finally got an email back, and they are coming tomorrow. the explanation this time was that her husbands job is up in the air as he works for and irsih company.

forgive me but all good explantions , however i'm guessing i need to get tough quick.
i bet knowing my luck we'll wake up to 2 foot of snow. lol

I have not for the third time ask for a contact number, incase im not behind laptop, so lets hope i get one before they turn up.

Best get ready prepared, we ahve a family night fridays, cudlding waytching films and eating treats. very chilled out and tired now.
Need to wake up now and get sorted. argh.

CHUNKY MONKEY
26-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Good luck:thumbsup: hope they turn up

charlie potato
26-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Hope they turn up but i'm sure they will this time. xx:)

melfish
26-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow some people, huh?

mr man
27-11-2010, 01:43 PM
gutted:mad:
they have not turned up, and still no reply in what time to actually come. I went out this moring to library with the children, as i asked her to ring me or txt to let me know what time.

If i get reply too late today i'm going to suggest to keep to working hours, because im not ruining my weekends to be let down.
dont want to sound too OFF but im mad. any suggestions on an email I plan to send later if i dont get a reply.

oh i now have plans tomorrow so thats a no no. and im sticking to it. My brother and his wife are coming to visit with their little one, so a lovely sunday dinner will amend this weekend.

thanks tina

jane5
29-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I have no advice for you, I just can't believe how rude some people are :(

guest3
29-11-2010, 08:46 AM
The writing's on the wall......if they are this unreliable now what will they be like when you start minding for them?!
I wish i'd trusted my gut instinct with parents. I've been minding for 1 set for a year now and have just given notice - I thought they'd change but they've got worse!

Hugs to you

Wendy xx

Pipsqueak
29-11-2010, 08:50 AM
three strikes and you're out (actually one strike with me)- if they have shown their /rudeness/contempt/ignorance already 3 times already then that is your biggest warning.
I would tell them if they contact you again that you have no spaces available, but i would not be contact ing them at all

Newbie1!
29-11-2010, 08:07 PM
The writing's on the wall......if they are this unreliable now what will they be like when you start minding for them?!
I wish i'd trusted my gut instinct with parents. I've been minding for 1 set for a year now and have just given notice - I thought they'd change but they've got worse!

Hugs to you

Wendy xx

Spot on Wendy - if they are like this now when they are supposed to be trying to create an impression (as its just as much of an interview for them as it is for you!) they are going to be a living nightmare. Even though Im fairly new at this I have most definitely decided to follow my gut instinct - wish Id done that with one Iver got at the moment!! I wouldnt give them the time of day if they come back now - no matter what is or isnt happening, a phone call or text takes two seconds. Ive had a no show today and its v v v annoying!! :angry: