PDA

View Full Version : How to handle this..........?

emmadines
25-11-2010, 01:50 PM
One of my minded children have scribbled over the top of one of my pine units will pencil - im glad I don't allow pens . I have an I dear who it is but no proof...... How would u see to this. I don't want to just wipe it off with out saying something as it will most likely be done again.....:angry: :censored:

kindredspirits
25-11-2010, 01:53 PM
talk to them all and explain that it is not acceptable behaviour and if they do it again they'll be in trouble.

Ripeberry
25-11-2010, 01:55 PM
I would show it to the children and say that unless they dissist from doing it, then no pencils will be allowed.

My own daughters are quite naughty when it comes to this kind of thing. I find scribbles along the walls quite regularly, scratches on my sideboard (not bothering to replace it until I finish CM :D )
I know it's my youngest who does it, but she always blames her older sister :rolleyes:

miffy
25-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree you need to talk to them so that they know that you don't want them to do this again.

The only other thing is to ban pencils/crayons etc unless you are there supervising them.

Miffy xx

Lincsminder
25-11-2010, 02:28 PM
My own daughter and son drew boobies on all the princess stickarounds that I put up in her bed room, needless to say when I decorate her bedroom soon I shall not be replacing the stickers it will be plain walls.

emmadines
25-11-2010, 05:04 PM
well I showed them and they said "wasnt me!!" grrrrr!! Pencils banned and no DVD (we have a DVD on friday)

venus89
25-11-2010, 05:56 PM
My own daughter and son drew boobies on all the princess stickarounds that I put up in her bed room, needless to say when I decorate her bedroom soon I shall not be replacing the stickers it will be plain walls.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: love it!

manjay
25-11-2010, 06:00 PM

Hey they are just showing their creativity :laughing:

babs
25-11-2010, 09:52 PM
if they all said i didn't i would of asked them again and said its not nice to lie and explain why... tonight i walked out of my kitchen to go back in and find sweetcorn all over the floor and i mean all over the floor well i asked who had dropped thier sweetcorn and got 2 it wasnt me, so i said oh did the sweetcorn fly off your plates all by its self then and followed it up by i was only asking your not going to get told off then 1 of them said it was my sweetcorn it flew right off my plate i did giggle and said thats better i would rather you tell the truth than to lie and went on to say becareful because if you had stood on it you could of slipped and got hurt... and swept it up. you could try making light of it and then go on to explain why its wrong to draw on your units and that drawing is done on paper...

Playmate
25-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I would show it to the children and say that unless they dissist from doing it, then no pencils will be allowed.

My own daughters are quite naughty when it comes to this kind of thing. I find scribbles along the walls quite regularly, scratches on my sideboard (not bothering to replace it until I finish CM :D )
I know it's my youngest who does it, but she always blames her older sister :rolleyes:

My youngest dd does this too. writes her sisters names on things, but I know whose writting it is :rolleyes:

emmadines
25-11-2010, 11:09 PM
if they all said i didn't i would of asked them again and said its not nice to lie and explain why... tonight i walked out of my kitchen to go back in and find sweetcorn all over the floor and i mean all over the floor well i asked who had dropped thier sweetcorn and got 2 it wasnt me, so i said oh did the sweetcorn fly off your plates all by its self then and followed it up by i was only asking your not going to get told off then 1 of them said it was my sweetcorn it flew right off my plate i did giggle and said thats better i would rather you tell the truth than to lie and went on to say becareful because if you had stood on it you could of slipped and got hurt... and swept it up. you could try making light of it and then go on to explain why its wrong to draw on your units and that drawing is done on paper...

well parents know im gonna follow through with my threat of doing nothing tomorrow - i know it prob sounds silly but if they think they can get away with it then more damage could be done - im only going to explain why they shouldn't have done it

Penny1959
26-11-2010, 03:13 AM
I once had 2 brothers who always blamed each other / other children. I knew who did whatever it was and was getting frustrated at the lying.

I am a very honest person but on one occasion - I lied to the children.

I told them that I had a secret camera that recorded everything and when they went home I would watch the tape and would KNOW who did it!

I then explained about how cross I would be when I found out who did it and that person would not be allowed to play at all, and the other would all do something really nice. Therefore it would be better to stop lying and come and tell me.

I then left them all to think about it and then asked them one at a time (on their own - away from other children) if they had done it.

Well the 'quilty' brother did say it was him and I just asked him to apologise to myself and the other children - saying 'good thing you told me - as now you can make cakes with the other tomorrow' (was the favourite activity art the time)

But the best bit was both brothers thought that the alarm sensors (in each room) were the 'secret camera's' - and wicked me let them continue to think so! - never actually told them sensors were cameras - just let them believe it. Behaviour improved and everytime it started to slip, I just looked towards the alarm sensors without saying anything.

Penny :)