PDA

View Full Version : Help course assessor coming tomorrow

Hayley G
25-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I have an assessor coming tomorrow and want to observe me and a key child making a healthy snack showing him about hygiene cross contamination etc.

I have a 2 yr old here and I am stuck for age appropriate snack ideas - any help. Panicing as the previous time she came I had 2 and 3 yr old and they played up - typical! :eek:

venus89
25-11-2010, 01:46 PM
What about fruit and breadsticks (or bread)? If it's soft fruit then he could cut them up himself with a blunt knife and you can talk about how it makes his body healthy and where it comes from - does it grow on a tree? Then with the bread he could butter it, cut it up, you can build shapes into that too.

Can the other child help too? Then they'll be occupied and less likely to play up...

Good luck!

Helen Dempster
25-11-2010, 01:52 PM
oooh, mine's coming this afternoon for roughly the same thing :panic:

What I would say first and foremost is....don't forget to get the little ones (and yourself of course) to wash their hands properly before doing anything :)

I'm doing a fruit cocktail with them - although my mindees are a little older (4 and 5 year olds). They will be cutting the fruit up and we'll talk about it in general - where it grows (trees, ground, country etc) I also have a 15m old mindee and I'm going to give him the wooden fruit and knife set to 'cut' the fruit.

Also, it was a good idea that Venus89 had, about making shapes in the bread (have you got any biscuit/cake cutters you can use?

Good luck, try not to worry or panic as I'm sure it will be fine. If they play up, they play up. The assessor will take that into consideration (I hope so anyway, cos my lot always play up!) :laughing:

Let us know how you get on ok?

Hayley G
30-11-2010, 08:22 PM
oooh, mine's coming this afternoon for roughly the same thing :panic:

What I would say first and foremost is....don't forget to get the little ones (and yourself of course) to wash their hands properly before doing anything :)

I'm doing a fruit cocktail with them - although my mindees are a little older (4 and 5 year olds). They will be cutting the fruit up and we'll talk about it in general - where it grows (trees, ground, country etc) I also have a 15m old mindee and I'm going to give him the wooden fruit and knife set to 'cut' the fruit.

Also, it was a good idea that Venus89 had, about making shapes in the bread (have you got any biscuit/cake cutters you can use?

Good luck, try not to worry or panic as I'm sure it will be fine. If they play up, they play up. The assessor will take that into consideration (I hope so anyway, cos my lot always play up!) :laughing:

Let us know how you get on ok?

I got 4's accross the board - top marks :clapping:

I thought the idea of a fruit salad was great - easy to make and healthy, however the little boy will not eat fruit, and I wanted to make something that he would eat at the end. I opted for a fruit smoothie, I thought this would educate hime that the fruit smoothies he loves and he drinks daily (comes every morning with inocent smoothie) are made of all the fruit he does not like. Went down well with mindee and assessor! :)

Thanks for the tips! x

miffy
30-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I got 4's accross the board - top marks :clapping:

Well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx