PDA

View Full Version : Numbers question - CSSIW / Welsh childminders

Ms WG
25-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Just received Issue 3 of NCMA Cymru, Cardiff news but am somewhat puzzled as to the last entry under CSSIW issues

"Please ensure that the number of children you are registered for includes your own children up to the age of 14 years ................"

ummmmmmmmmmmm, I thought our own children only counted in adult:child ratios up to the age of 8 years

Blaze
25-11-2010, 03:56 PM
No they count in your maximum numbers (& any friends tha come to play too) - ie I am insured for a max of 10 children with MM - NCMA is 12 - so they count in this way.
HTH:)

Ms WG
25-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Phew, I understand now................ they could have worded it slightly better :)

Blaze
25-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm keeping you bumped incase there is another meaning as you're in Wales - but to the best of my knowledge it means what I have have already posted.:thumbsup:

Haddock
20-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Is NCMA Cymru the Welsh version of Who Minds? I was wondering if I could get it or whether it's something you have to sign up for?

sarah707
21-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Page 36 of the new (04.2011) Welsh standards says -

15.7 The maximum number of children for whom a child minder may care is as follows:
• Six children under eight years of age.
• Of those six children, no more than three may be under five years of age.
• Of those three children, normally no more than two may be under 18 months of age, although exceptions can be made for siblings.

It does not mention your own children or whether they come within those ratios.

I suggest you contact CSSIW for more advice. Would you let us know what they say please :D

tulip0803
28-04-2011, 10:03 PM

15.7 The maximum number of children for whom a child minder may care is as follows:
• Of those three children, normally no more than two may be under 18 months of age, although exceptions can be made for siblings.

I suggest you contact CSSIW for more advice. Would you let us know what they say please :D

Hi the new NMS standard 15.9 says:

15.9 The ratios include a child minder's own children and any others for whom she/he is responsible and are on the premises

sarah707
29-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi the new NMS standard 15.9 says:

15.9 The ratios include a child minder's own children and any others for whom she/he is responsible and are on the premises

I found that the other day and couldn't find the thread to put it in!

Thank you for pointing it out :D

rachelmama
24-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi im being registered for 2 children to mind my own baby is 10 moths so does this mean 1 under 18 month 1 over

manjay
24-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi im being registered for 2 children to mind my own baby is 10 moths so does this mean 1 under 18 month 1 over

Yes you could have another under 18 months or you could take on 2 children who are both over 18 months. The stipulation is that no more than 2 can be under 18 months which must include your own child.

rachelmama
24-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Thankyou for replying :D

ja-lula-belli
27-10-2013, 02:07 PM

I thought it was only one under 12 months?

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

tulip0803
27-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I thought it was only one under 12 months?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

In England they can have 3 children under 5 of which no more than one under 12 months. In Wales we can have 3 children under 5 of which no more than 2 under 18 months.

Another example of the difference between Welsh and English regs.

ja-lula-belli
27-10-2013, 02:12 PM
In England they can have 3 children under 5 of which no more than one under 12 months. In Wales we can have 3 children under 5 of which no more than 2 under 18 months.

Another example of the difference between Welsh and English regs.

Your joking I turned away someone because I have one under 1 already, so I could of taken her on?

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

tulip0803
27-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Your joking I turned away someone because I have one under 1 already, so I could of taken her on?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

In Wales yes. Do you still have their contact details? If you do just call and say there has been a change in circumstances and you have a space available if they are still looking.

Once I was on holiday for 10 days and came back to find an answer machine message from a new parent wanting 2 children cared for I nearly didn't call because I thought she would have sorted it by then as it was first day of my hols she left the message. I did and got the children - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Good luck