PDA

View Full Version : been awaiting the call and it finally came

emmaflossie
25-11-2010, 11:47 AM
registerred with ofsted in may this year and have been awaiting a call from them for an inspection for some time now especially as i have had 2 changes to my certificate

Well its come at last and now im trying to make sure im ready!!!

Any good ideas for easy things i can get the kids doing the week they are due??
Should only have a 2 year old when they turn up

birch24
25-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Just carry on with your normal routine.Plan things that you would normally do so that the child knows what to expect. Ofsted want to see you in a normal situation anyway. Don't do new activities as it could go wrong. Either that or practise them beforehand!!

Good luck x:D

Penny1959
26-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Just carry on with your normal routine.Plan things that you would normally do so that the child knows what to expect. Ofsted want to see you in a normal situation anyway. Don't do new activities as it could go wrong. Either that or practise them beforehand!!

Good luck x:D

Agree - just do what you normally do - do not worry about 'doing' a craft activity to make something. Stick to things that child enjoys and can do mainly by self (with support of course) such as finger painting or playdough

Also try not to rush around like a headless chicken - thinking you have to fit loads in - you will just cause yourself stress and lose opportunities to talk to inspector / support child's free play.

Hopefully you have evidence of previous activities - such as child's learning journey . My inspection report was full of reference to activities within the learning journeys.

Hope all goes well

Penny :)