PDA

View Full Version : Help needed quick!!!!

LisaMcNally09
25-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Ive just had mum of mindee (1) on the phone. I have him on an afternoon. Last night she had to dial 999 to him because he had a fit due to his temperature being high. Doctor has said he has some kind of viral infection. She says he is ok now but got to keep on calpol as his temp keeps going up.

Now when i have him i have 5 other children (including my own) to care for. I have told her that I am unable to take the chance having him while he has an infection even though he may seem ok. I have said if his temperature rises again quickly I cant give him the care he would need.

Have i done the right thing?

sweets
25-11-2010, 10:43 AM
as it was only last night then yes you have done the right thing.

i witnessed my god daughter have a febrile convulsion last christmas and it was very scary but over in a couple of minutes. but one of my mindees had one that lasted 25 minutes!:eek: it was caused by temp rise due to chicken pox.

i thought they recommened ibuprofen now as well as calpol for high temps but i may be wrong.

birch24
25-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Ive just had mum of mindee (1) on the phone. I have him on an afternoon. Last night she had to dial 999 to him because he had a fit due to his temperature being high. Doctor has said he has some kind of viral infection. She says he is ok now but got to keep on calpol as his temp keeps going up.

Now when i have him i have 5 other children (including my own) to care for. I have told her that I am unable to take the chance having him while he has an infection even though he may seem ok. I have said if his temperature rises again quickly I cant give him the care he would need.

Have i done the right thing?

You have definitely done the right thing. She should keep him at home today to keep an eye on him. What are these parents like!!:)

gigglinggoblin
25-11-2010, 11:31 AM
You have definately done the right thing. Cant imagine leaving one of my kids the day after they have been rushed to hospital.

candy cat
25-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Absolutely! Why would they want to send when so poorly!:rolleyes:

sunflower
25-11-2010, 11:42 AM
You have definately done the right thing.

How can she want to leave her child after he has been so poorly :angry:

karensmart4
25-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I agree, you have done the right thing...why do some people have children if they can't even take time out to look after them when they are poorly. :angry:

I would never dream of leaving my children if they're unwell, they need to be cosy at home!

Karen

Noomie
25-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't understand parents like this.

If I were under that kind of stress that my child had a fit because of a high temp, I would not want to leave them no matter how important I thought work was. Seriously, work does go on without us. Our babies are the most precious thing and that's where our attention needs to be. STAY HOME AND LOOK AFTER YOUR POORLY BABY! (to the parent).

LisaMcNally09
26-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Well ive had a text from her this morning asking me to have him this afternoon as she has to go into work because she missed yesterday and I owe her a day:eek:

She has had a bit of a dressing down to be honest.:blush:

I dont have him fridays so under no obligation and i certainly dont owe her a day:angry:

marian
26-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Well ive had a text from her this morning asking me to have him this afternoon as she has to go into work because she missed yesterday and I owe her a day:eek:

I dont have him fridays so under no obligation and i certainly dont owe her a day:angry:

:eek: :eek: Can't belive the cheek of some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marian x

rickysmiths
26-11-2010, 10:38 AM

Amazing how the brains of some parents are wired up. I am so lucky with the parents I have at present. I have had the ones above in the past and terminated a contract as a result of one set who refused to stay at home with their sick child, they went to a day nursery attached to dads work, I often wonder how often he was called :D