PDA

View Full Version : hand foot and mouth help

emmaflossie
24-11-2010, 04:48 PM
hi everyone looking for some help my step daughter has been diagnosed with hand foot and mouth today .... fab start to the day. I have gone through and used detol on all doors taps handles etc she may have touched and allt he toys that were out yesterday??? any ideas how far back i need to go with the cleaning of the toys? She was playing with her own personal toys in her bedroom saturday are these likely to need doing? i cant seem to find any info on the net

sarah707
24-11-2010, 05:46 PM
It's more about cleaning hand contact points and places she might have touched or coughed from now on I would say.

It is very contagious but mostly from direct contact... 2 children sucking the same toy or one coughing over the other.

I hope she is feeling better soon x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
24-11-2010, 06:40 PM
It is air born much like the common cold so strict hygiene is your best bet although i think it has a 2 week incubation period so is probably too late

emmaflossie
25-11-2010, 11:45 AM
fabulous thank you

well she is well and truly away from the kids here now and at home with her mum.
All toys cleaned that she could have put in her mouth and all doors etc cleaned down

now back to the prep for ofsted visit!!