PDA

View Full Version : They Cancelled

edsmum
13-04-2008, 10:03 AM
well i was all ready on thursday for my 10 o'clock inspection!!!!!!!!!!
and guess what my mobile went off at 9-40 it was the inspecter cancelling we reshcedualed for this thursday the 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minnie Minx
13-04-2008, 10:12 AM
oh no, what a shame, it makes so really angry when they cancel on the day, they should be made to pay compensation.

Fingers crossed for thursday and at least it gives you a few more days to get everything sorted :)

xxx

mumtodaniel
13-04-2008, 10:39 AM
what a shame, I've got mine either tomorrow or Tuesday and I've been so busy getting ready, so know how you feel if they cancelled on me tomorrow. Good luck for Thursday.

Maureen

Spangles
13-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Good luck to both of you for your inspections!

Hope they don't cancel again that must be dreadful.

I feel ill just thinking about an inspection so on the actual day I know I'd have a very upset tummy! Ha ha! Couldn't bear for them to let me down and have to go through it again!

sarah707
13-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Not fair! I doubt they would accept our excuse if they turned up to see us and we said we were too busy! :rolleyes:

miffy
13-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Good luck to both of you

miffy xx

Heather
13-04-2008, 07:50 PM
thanks sarah! Ive been unsure how to record the times of attendance since my inspection for the one child whose times arriving vary alot i had put the times before school as quarter hour half three quarters or one hour but the inspector said you have to record to the exact minute.My maths is really bad!!! So i find this a problem really. But other childminders told me they always put the contracted hours and thats what Ofsted want.Ofstad admitted i had been recording the hours of attendance in the end.But they do need to give us more idea of what they want.Could anyone tell me with the changes in september are we all going to be reinspected .My last inspection was so awful I dont feel icould ever go through it again!! The last one i had was september 07 I was left in tears

angeldelight
13-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry she could not make it

Good luck for Thursday keep us posted

Angel xx

Trouble
13-04-2008, 07:58 PM
good luck to both of you:clapping:

sarah707
13-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Could anyone tell me with the changes in september are we all going to be reinspected .My last inspection was so awful I dont feel icould ever go through it again!! The last one i had was september 07 I was left in tears

We don't know and Ofsted aren't saying... there will be a self-evaluation form which we will all need to do and that will be a big part of the new inspection format...

I am sorry you were left in tears, that's not how it should be at all... hopefully now you've found us we'll all give you the support you need to get through it if needs be. :D

Pipsqueak
13-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Shame it was cancelled you get yourself all physced up for it and then nothing.

Good luck and I am sure it will go fine

xxx

deeb66
14-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I know how annoying this can be.

My inspector did this to me last year and I had worked myself up for it and it never happened.

It is so frustrating!

2045amanda
16-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi
The same thing happened to me in February, I was susposed to have my inspection on Wed 26th but the day before she cancelled due to an emergency situation and I had it Wednesday 5th march instead.

This actually worked out better for me as I child was off sick this day and therefore I could devote all my attention to the one I had that day, also I had extra time to work on my standards paperwork which the inspector was impressed with, I got outstanding so was really pleased.

I must admit on the day, because I had got so worked up the week before and it was cancelled, I just thought I'll get what I get, my mindees parents had said to me "we know you are outstanding, it doesn't matter what Ofsted think, its our kids u look after, we wouldn't bring them here if they/we weren't happy"

Good luck with ur inspection :)

Amanda

sarah707
16-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I got outstanding so was really pleased.
Amanda

Congratulations Amanda! :clapping: