PDA

View Full Version : Briefing session dates

mumof4tobe
24-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I've just received a letter with dates for the next briefing sessions for my area. :clapping: :clapping:

my new problem is that ill be over 35 weeks pregnant for the first one and 37 weeks for the second :(

Do you think ill be ok to still go or should i wait til after my baby is born now?

Pipsqueak
24-11-2010, 12:33 PM
nope I would go ahead if you feel well enough:D

nicola1981
24-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I would go if you can, in my area they are every 6 months hence why im now travelling to go on the courses.

mumof4tobe
24-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks girls.

It says to bring a copy of the EYFS guidance pack - May 2008.

I didnt ring the number to order one cause the bit of paper said

They may inform you that this is out of print, in which case, the pack can also be obtained on-line and printed off

I've used the website its given but im not sure the one ive found on there is the right one :panic:

~Grasshopper~
24-11-2010, 03:22 PM
i would go hun. i started thi process when my youngest son was born and he is 9mth old now.

The first briefing is just a 2 hour chat where they explain the process ect mine was in July and im strill not registered yet :(

xxxxx

mumof4tobe
24-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The letter says to bring a copy of the EYFS guidance pack - May 2008
Ive looked on the site cause the letter says that when you ring they'll tell you that its out of print.
im not sure if the one ive found on the site is the right one though :panic:

One of the things im worried about is how long it will take. I just wish i had someone who could tell me exactly what i need to do cause im sooooo confused :(

jane5
24-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I think you should go to the sessions, don't worry if you have the wrong book because after the sessions every thing will be a lot clearer.

I started my ICP course last November (we had 10 sessions) took the test in Feb and then didn't do any thing else till August. I was getting married and had 3 months to plan my wedding and couldn't cope with everything at once. My Crb is in the post to me as we speak and then I'll get my pre reg-visit. Hope fully it should all be done in 2-4 weeks. So I've taken a year from start to finish.

You can take things at your own pace so go on the sessions and see how you feel, you can then wait till you have had your baby and feel ready to take the next step :thumbsup:

mumof4tobe
25-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Didn't mean to post twice :blush:

I honestly don't know what to do :(
Part of me really wants to go and get it all started but the other part of me is thinking..... what happens if you go into labour?(im at high risk of prem labour apparently:rolleyes: )

Do you think it would be worth ringing the lady on the letter an asking her?

hannah3
25-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi,

If you're able to go along then I wouldn't worry about being pregnant...my daughter's childminder was pregnant when she did the briefing sessions and started minding when daughter was 18months old. The rest of the training, applying etc you can then do when you feel ready after baby has arrived at your own pace. If you do happen to miss the briefing due to going into labour early then you can always go after - I'm sure they'd understand. I did my briefings when my son was 5months old and just awaiting the phonecall from ofsted for a pre-reg visit and he's nearly 1 - I've dawdled a bit with it as didn't want to start minding until he turned 1.

Good luck with it all.
hannahx

handeme
26-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I would go, a girl I started the course with was pregnant and she managed to attend all but one date (which she did do at a later date) and it turns out whe is now only a week behind me.

I started mine in July when my liitle boy was 4 months old, I have just receive my CRB and now are waiting for my visit.

c x