PDA

View Full Version : Christmas trees & pre reg visit?

handeme
24-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Would you hold off putting up your xmas tree?

I am due my visit in December and just wondered whether you would hold off putting the decorations up?

When my LA came they told me that one of the inspectors that cover our area is very picky on space and clutter, they marked down the number of children a childminder by me could have for having a large sofa !

I know it is only up once a year but it is once a year that you have less space.

c x

rickysmiths
24-11-2010, 08:43 AM
If it really impacts on your floor space that much I probably wouldn't put it up. I have one that goes on the wall and have had it for years. I bought it when we lived in a flat and a floor standing tree would have been a pain.

Since we moved to the house and we have a real tree now I have put the one on the wall in the hall. It goes up earlier for the minded children. This year it will go on the wall in the new playroom.

If you want one, what about getting the children to do one on a large piece of paper, you could use real twigs and decorate it with decorations they make, tinsel, lots of glitter etc. This could then go on the wall or a window or french door.