PDA

View Full Version : Newbie-activity evidence question

fab5
23-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi all, I am very new & just registered, due to start minding next week. I am really looking forward to starting & I am planning some xmas craft activities to get us going.(have got lots of ideas from here, thanks everyone) My question is do you give everything the children make to the parents & just take a photo for evidence or do you keep some back. I haven't got to grips with the planning etc yet!

This is probably in the wrong sub-forum but didn't know where else to put it! Any advice welcome-thanks.
Helen

sassyn
25-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi!

If it is something i can stick into their LJ then i tend to keep it and just write they have done it in their daily diary so the parents know about it. If it is something like a clay model or cakes then i send it home with them. I don't always take pictures as we do things like cooking and clay modeling quite a lot. If it is the 1st time we have done someting then i definitly do take a pic for the LJ.

hth?

sarah x

OrlandoBelle
25-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi Helen. Welcome to the forum. I tend to keep a few pictures back that they have drawn which I then put in their learning journal. Everything else goes home with them and photos of their work also go in the learning journals. For big occassions such as Christmas, I tend to keep the last week's worth of craft activities/gifts for the last day so they have lots to take home for their parents. HTH. xx:)

guest4
25-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Hiya Helen,
I tend to ask the children if they want to take it home or put it up on a display in the playroom. More often than not it stays with me and gets hung up from every available window/wall/ceiling space. Makes for lovely colourful area to play in, and the children remember our activities for a lot longer too!!!
Tracey x

ps. Washing Lines and bright coloured pegs are great!!! :jump for joy:

PixiePetal
25-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I put a few crafty pics on the wall and send the rest home. I have an album of photos of crafts/activities we have done and mini photos in the childs files - I really don't have room to keep crafts from all my mindees!

welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

miss mopple
26-11-2010, 07:59 AM
mine always want to take them home so I photograph them or photocopy if they are going in the LJ