PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Q about certificate

TNT
23-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Hello
I am new to this site and was wondering how long it takes from your pre-reg visit until you get your certificate. I have everything else in place (including CRBs) and am hoping to start in Jan, I have my visit on 7th December, I thought that it was 12 weeks from when they received your forms which was October for me.
Also do you need your certificate to start, if everything is sorted and OFSTED have said you are fine can you start while waiting for certificate to arrive?

Lorraine B
23-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I had my pre reg visit on the 8th november and i had my certificate on the 16th so not very long :clapping:
I wouldnt risk starting before you get it for official reasons and also just in case something happens, which hopefully it wont :D
Good luck with it all

Lorraine
xxxx

Penny1959
23-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Certificate has to be on your wall before can start. Being told 'it is in the post' is not good enough' so make sure you have certificate before start minding children

Penny :)

fab5
23-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Mine took 13 days from inspection to arriving, that was yesterday so I need to sort my insurance then I am ready to go:) I have my first mindee starting next week:)

TinyTinker
24-11-2010, 09:05 AM
I had my inpection on the 18th Nov and my cert arrived yesterday 23rd.:clapping:

zoomzoom
01-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I had my inspection yesterday and was told if I didn't have my certificate by Monday to chase Osted! Hopefully I won't need to though :)

TNT
05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Great, got pre reg visit on Tuesday so certificate will hopefully be here before Christmas. I have 2 children lined up for January but didnt want to sign contracts before I am registered.
Thank you

catlyn
06-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Certificate has to be on your wall before can start. Being told 'it is in the post' is not good enough' so make sure you have certificate before start minding children

Penny :)

Hi...a question please....does it literaly have to be "hanging on the wall" and what else should I have on display for parents to see? new to all this and getting bogged down in what ofsted expect and what is required legally...thanks xx

Vickster
06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Mine took 15 days. Yes it has to be on your wall when you are minding

Vickster
06-12-2010, 11:24 AM
They want to see the parents poster also which comes with your cert. Good practice is a Welcome poster in different languages, complaints book and any other info you want to give to parents.

catlyn
06-12-2010, 11:27 AM
thanks vikster xxx....*dashes off to hang certificate on wall*............:)