PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg Inspection - shall I call them?

Flisspaps
23-11-2010, 07:14 PM
CRB is currently at Stage 4 - I know it can take a while to get to Stage 5 but I know it will come back clear so no issues there. Last enhanced CRB I had for my previous job came back within 2 weeks (November 2009).

Is it worth me phoning Prospects to try and get a pre-reg inspection before my CRB comes through? I'm ready for them, our LA does a council pre-inspection inspection and that was all fine, and I've got a mindee wanting to start at the beginning of January full time so really need to get things moving along. Will need to discuss a variation at the visit as well, so if I don't get approved or the variation I need to let mindees Mum know.

I think I've read other threads on here where the OP has had the pre-reg visit before their CRB came through, but can't be 100% sure.

If so, does anyone have the number for Prospects?

Thanks! :D

Penny1959
23-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I have the number for Prospects 0115 8532410

However doubt they will do anything until they are 'good and ready'

See my post about how long took them to get draft inspection report tome

Penny :)

Flisspaps
23-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks very much Penny - it can't do any harm to call them!

Who knows - a bit of geeing up now might mean that they actually turn up before mindee is old enough to leave home :p

keeks
23-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I think before September this year they used to do the pre reg visits before the crb's. If the crb takes long perhaps you could call your local police and see what they can do as you've got mindees waiting. I phoned mine just to ask how long they thought it would take, and the lady completed mine that same day.

I hope it happens soon for you!

xx

Flisspaps
24-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Police were less than helpful - just kept telling me they couldn't discuss a CRB with me and that I should ring the CRB helpline - despite the fact that I said other people can ring and helpfully get it done there and then. I don't want them to discuss it with me, I want them to go and DO it.

Didn't even take my name, so there's no chance of him doing anything with it at all.

I know it's not long to wait at all, but I can't afford to not take on this mindee at the beginning of January because West Mercia Police can't process the checks quick enough.

jane5
24-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I have just phoned ofsted because my CRB is finally done and in the post to me.
They said they can not book a pre reg visit until they receive the CRB.
They also said that cos I have put my hubby down as an assistant they are waiting for social services to do their check on him.:huh:

I didnt know ss did checks and asked if I could ring them to speed it up.
She said it is something that is always done and that it is internal and we are not allowed to phone.

Anyway when they receive CRB they discuss it in the office, book the visit and if there are any problems with CRB they talk to me at visit about it. So wouldn't give me a date:rolleyes:

Flisspaps
26-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Cheers for that jane5.

My CRB was posted today :clapping: DH's is still at Stage 4 :rolleyes: but at least we've made some progress!

Flisspaps
29-11-2010, 08:27 PM
DH's CRB was posted today :D

keeks
29-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Yippee!! :clapping:

xx