PDA

View Full Version : COSHH

SonnysMummy
12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Do i need to do a COSHH report and if so how do i do this?

Kelly:)

Blaze
12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Let me guess... you've just done a health & safety course?
Blaze:D

miffy
13-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Let me guess... you've just done a health & safety course?
Blaze:D
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don't think so Kelly - knowledge is enough!

miffy xx

sarah707
13-04-2008, 07:40 AM
If you do one it's actually quite scary...

Have a look under your kitchen sink for starters... write down the dangerous contents of each bottle and what the effects might be on you / the environment... throw away nearly everything and buy some natural cleaning products next time you are out... :laughing:

Then look around the rest of your house - bathroom sink (toothpaste is poisonous if eaten so needs to be stored high up), bathroom cupboard (:eek: ), stationery cupboard (Tippex for example is toxic) and make notes as you go...

Make sure you state how you protect children from all these dangerous / toxic things... locks on cupboards, keeping them out of sight and reach etc.

Have fun! :D

miffy
13-04-2008, 07:44 AM
If you do one it's actually quite scary...

Have a look under your kitchen sink for starters... write down the dangerous contents of each bottle and what the effects might be on you / the environment... throw away nearly everything and buy some natural cleaning products next time you are out... :laughing:

Then look around the rest of your house - bathroom sink (toothpaste is poisonous if eaten so needs to be stored high up), bathroom cupboard (:eek: ), stationery cupboard (Tippex for example is toxic) and make notes as you go...

Make sure you state how you protect children from all these dangerous / toxic things... locks on cupboards, keeping them out of sight and reach etc.

Have fun! :D

You're scaring me now Sarah :eek: :eek: :eek:

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
13-04-2008, 07:59 PM
:D No i haven't just done a health and safety course but i did do one just over a year ago when i was working in the nursery. I remember touching on this but not in detail. Just trying to think of everything i need to do as a childminder:) If it's not required then i think i'll just leave it:) Ofsted will see that all my domestics are out of reach, and cosmetics/toiletries likewise in the bathroom.

angeldelight
13-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Common sense

Sounds like that is what you have so that is ok for now

Angel xx