PDA

View Full Version : seperate toilet to bathroom

Helen79
23-11-2010, 11:16 AM
My toilet is seperate to my bathroom, they're next door to each other. But the toilet doesn't have a sink in it. It's not so bad with the littlies who are in nappies but when I have older children (& for my own children) they have to go into a different room to wash hands which means touching 2 door handles and the light switch so spreading germs straight away which kind of makes washing hands pointless.

So would it be ok to have an anti-bac hand gel dispenser in the toilet room and then go into the bathroom to wash their hands? or would just using the anti-bac be enough without then having to go and wash hands?

miss mopple
23-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I have a seperate toilet and bathroom and it's never occured to me to put gel in there. I've never been questioned on it, and tbh think it would be overkill. I clean the loo and wipe the handles regularly and we've never had a problem. I wouldn't want littlies messing with a gel dispenser either

Hebs
23-11-2010, 11:54 AM
mine WAS like that, it's in the process of being made into one big bathroom x

Helen79
23-11-2010, 12:06 PM
mine WAS like that, it's in the process of being made into one big bathroom x

I would like to do that but we're trying to move so don't want to start any work on the flat. What did you do when yours was like that ? did the children just wash there hands in the bathroom? are ofsted ok with this?

The other thing is that the handles are really high on my doors so sometimes the children can't reach the bathroom door so forget to wash their hands & I'm forever running round shutting the bathroom and toilet doors to stop the babies getting in.

Hebs
23-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I would like to do that but we're trying to move so don't want to start any work on the flat. What did you do when yours was like that ? did the children just wash there hands in the bathroom? are ofsted ok with this?

The other thing is that the handles are really high on my doors so sometimes the children can't reach the bathroom door so forget to wash their hands & I'm forever running round shutting the bathroom and toilet doors to stop the babies getting in.

it wasn't an issue at all with Ofsted, and yes they just went into the bathroom bit to wash hands