PDA

View Full Version : DESPERATE car help please?!

snufflepuff
22-11-2010, 09:38 PM
At the moment we have a Peugeot 807, and to be perfectly honest, I hate it. The insurance is a joke (£133 per month :eek: ), tax is expensive, it's too big for me so i'm nervous while driving it, it leaks when it rains, it's petrol so not at all economic, the electric doors mess about when its very cold or wet....AAARRRGGH!!!
Can anyone recommend or think of a car that will fit three large car seats in? I'm open to getting another 7 seater but it would have to be a compact one, like the mazda 5 where the rear seats fold right down in to the boot. I do like the flexibility of having the extra seats, especially as in the future I may take on more children perhaps for holiday care.

fiona
22-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Hello, i have the Renault Grand Scenic, it has 7 seats and the two rear seats fold down, the thing i like is that all of the middle seats move independantly (sp) so you can make more room for the ones in the back!!

its good on fuel and tax mine is a 2ltr so not a tiny engine it costs about £65 to fill and will do about 550 miles for that, tax is £115 for 6 months. insurance with buisness use is £53 a month (with Admiral)

Hope you find a car you like!!

ty

fiona
xxxxx

Noodles
22-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I have a mazda 5 sport it is ok but i like the bigger 7 seaters more. we had a citroen c8 before the mazda and size wise you cant compare

candy cat
22-11-2010, 10:37 PM
s max ....love it x

rickysmiths
22-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi I have a Skoda Octavia diesel.

£135 pa Tax I pay about £235pa insurance at the moment but I have been driving since 1973 and have more than full no claims :eek:

I can get 2 'bucket' britax car seats in the back with a Narnia high backed 5 point harness in the middle and a Britax Evolva 123 in the front seat with the air bag isolated (via a key operated switch in the glove pocket). All easy to get at to get los in and out.

I get 60sih to the gallon on a long run and 45-50 running around locally.

I am on my 4th one since 2000 I tend to renew every 3 yrs so I have the newest car, that is under warranty and has free RAC cover including Home Start and Recovery and return to home and I have had two of them with 2years of free servicing depending on the deal I get when I change.

They are comfortable to drive and I don't feel i'm driving a bus around all the time. Oh and the boot is HUGE!!! I can get my Mclaren double, a single, a car seat and the weeks shopping in the boot. We haven't used a roof rack for the family holidays since we have had it and we have has effectively travelled to Cornwall and back with 5 adults and their luggage with no problems.

You can tell I love them can't you. :D