PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it?

claire'scherubs
22-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I warned all my parents that I was taking today off weeks ago, and one parent said thats ok cause I am on study leave that day.

Last night my DS started being sick, so I text'd all my parents, including those who don't come to me on a Monday, to give them the choice of whether they wanted their LO's to come Tuesday as I suspected he was being sick due to the coughing that he was doing poor soul.

Naturally, we had a bit of a rough night's sleep and got up to find the mindee that was of the parent on study leave.......dumped in my front room!!!!!!!

I checked my phone and she had been texting me at 11.15pm last night to ask if I would take her to school......she obviously assumed (again) that the lack of reply meant it was ok:eek: The mindee (8) had just walked in as my DH had left the back door open thinking I would be up shortly, and normally I am, but was trying to sneek a little bit of a lay in as we didn't have any mindees or a school run. Can you believe some parent:eek:

Twinkles
22-11-2010, 06:01 PM
OMG !!!!

Did you take to school ? I'd be having cross words with this parent :angry:

On another point it could have been anyone walking in your back door :eek:

claire'scherubs
22-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Yes I took her to school......fool!!!!!

And yes I think I will be having words with DH about locking the door behind him, like I said I am normally 5 minutes behind him leaving but not today:blush:

rickysmiths
22-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I would have rung the parent straight away and got them back to get the child.

Then when they got to me, told them off in no uncertain terms about never leaving the lo without them seeing me and handing the lo to me. What a nerve, what if you had not been in, gone away for the night, the lo could have been sitting there all day. The door could have been open because you had workmen in. :eek: Shocking.

miffy
22-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Why would a parent just leave their child without having spoken to or seen you?

Hope you got her to pick her dd up and take her to school herself!

Miffy xx

~Chelle~
22-11-2010, 06:45 PM
WHAT!!!! You had it booked as holiday and she knew that! I would have called her straight away and told her to:

1, Collect her child and take her to school herself
2, NEVER leave her child to walk into your house alone
3, NEVER assume anything, if you do not reply to a text, this does not mean that the answer is yes.
4, RESPECT you and your family and when you tell her you are on holiday.

Seriously, I cannot believe that you took her to school, I am sorry to say that you have basically told this mum that her behaviour is acceptable, when it is not. Stand up for yourself hun xx

gigglinggoblin
22-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope you have an additional charge for unbooked hours. What a cheek!

The Juggler
22-11-2010, 07:57 PM
what a cheek and how could she leave your child in the house not even knowing if you were in or not:eek: :eek:

claire'scherubs
22-11-2010, 08:05 PM
To be fair to the mum, it wasn't her that left her but the live out 'nanny'

However, the nanny did try ringing mum, but mum wouldn't answer the phone:eek:

Hadn't thought about the extra charge, might just have to add that to the bill:angry:

CHUNKY MONKEY
22-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Definatley bill her and lay down the law. What a cheek!!! Some parents:mad: