PDA

View Full Version : Just had a nightmare at collection

FussyElmo
22-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Well nana has just come to collect mindee without Dad informing me. Well left me in a bit of a difficult situation as I have never met her and she couldnt tell the password.

So cue mindee and his nan sitting on my settee waiting for Dad to ring me to give his permission for me to hand over.

Think Nan thinks Im very over protective BUT there was no way I was just handing over.

Mindee ran to her as soon as she came in so I was left with no doubt that she was his Nan but more than its worth just to hand over.

And relax :)

Penny1959
22-11-2010, 05:31 PM
You did the right thing - even though no doubt was child's nan - there may have been a family tiff and parents did not want nan to collect child.

Penny :)

Goatgirl
22-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Whoah: nightmare indeed :eek:
Well done for being professional about it though: not easy with Nan disapproving I'm sure. Bet Dad will let you know next time Nan's collecting :rolleyes: .. and be impressed that you didn't let mindee go too, once he's had a think about it :thumbsup:

Good for you :)

nell57
22-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh no, well you did the right thing.

When exactly did you become a mind reader btw, do your psychic powers extend to guessing the lotto numbers for Wed;) :D

Chatterbox Childcare
22-11-2010, 05:52 PM
I have done the same but my mindee was 11

FussyElmo
22-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh no, well you did the right thing.

When exactly did you become a mind reader btw, do your psychic powers extend to guessing the lotto numbers for Wed;) :D

I wish :)

I felt really sorry for Nan as she was trying to use her mobile to contact him and was struggling. Will be having words with him tomorrow :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
22-11-2010, 06:15 PM
well done, don't forget to log it:thumbsup: great for you SEF!

The Juggler
22-11-2010, 08:01 PM
well done for insisting hon. i know people think about how over protective we can be - they just can't see it but if something did happen then they'd be wanting to know 'why we'd just let them go with whoever'

singingcactus
22-11-2010, 08:17 PM
And another 'well done' from me too.

It always scares me that my MIL could just turn up to my little ones school and they might give him over, just cos she's his gran. (nothing wrong with her, just she is usually drunk so don't want her in charge of my son)

You absolutely did the right thing.

CHUNKY MONKEY
22-11-2010, 08:33 PM
You did the right thing, as the other posts have said you are not a mind reader and if they had fallen out and you had given the child over......not worth thinking about! :D I would menton to parents that is of paramount importance that they inform you if they are not collecting :rolleyes:

Erika
22-11-2010, 09:29 PM
When it's a choice between being overprotective and handing the child to someone without the parents permission, who the child may know but whom may be a risk to that child without the child knowing it, I'd always go for overprotective.

Good for you.

miffy
22-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Well done! I'm sure nana was impressed - now she knows you wouldn't hand over her grandchild to anyone without permission and I wouldn't mind betting dad's already had a ticking off! :D

Miffy xx