PDA

View Full Version : would you clean your carpet?

newandlearning
22-11-2010, 11:52 AM
hi everyone...

I'm not sure if I'm just being too clean.. but I went to change my mindee baby's nappy knowing she'd done a poo... only to find that in the time it got me to get the wet wipes etc out .. the poo had seeped through everything she had on.. this happens at least once a week with her and is generally speaking how she poos..

but it leaked through her 3 different layers and leaked through her trousers .. and potentials I could have particals of poo on my carpet.

I really don't like the idea of me, my dog, my kids and everyone potentially sitting on the poo particals and as she was busy crawling and sitting and crawling and sitting whilst I went to get the changing gear together I've no real idea where to start...

would you clean your carpet? or just say 'such is life'..? :eek: :)

snufflepuff
22-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Personally, i'd clean it. I'd use some of that spray you can get- 1001 or vanish or something, then maybe some disinfectant. Can't be too careful IMO, but maybe i'm a bit over the top?!

SamBaker
22-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes I would defently vanish the area too.

miffy
22-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Eeeeewwwwww, yes I'd have to clean it too!

Miffy xx

clio0602
22-11-2010, 01:18 PM
I usually scrub with carpet cleaner and use anti bac fabreeze x

Daisy1956
22-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I would clean it at least then your not wondering if it is clean or not.

Flisspaps
22-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't clean it, but only because you've mentioned you have a dog in the same room. Much as I love dogs, you can't guarantee that the dog hasn't been walking in worse when it's been out and about (dog poo/fox poo for example) and has also traipsed particles of poo through the carpet without you noticing.

If you don't have a 'shoes off' house, then the same could be said for everyone else in the house too.

The Juggler
22-11-2010, 08:03 PM
i'd have a good look and a sniff and wash the areas you think are affected. I'm sure you'd see it hon. Then anti-bac spray after scrubbing it.

PixiePetal
22-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I have a fab bissell (sp) spot washer. A rechargeable hand held carpet spot washer - wouldn't be without it!

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/product/1080

like this one :thumbsup:

with dogs and kids I use it at least once a week! :rolleyes:

SYLVIA
22-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I would give it a quick scrub. However i clean my carpets downstairs every 6 weeks since a rather rude inspector said that she noticed `i had a carpet cleaner and did I have any intention of using it as she thought my floors were not clean enough

babs
22-11-2010, 09:49 PM
id milton spray the area but then i do things and regret afterwards lol ... ive been known to bleach a carpet.... now i have wooden floors that get steamed cleaned ....

SamBaker
23-11-2010, 06:26 AM
I have a fab bissell (sp) spot washer. A rechargeable hand held carpet spot washer - wouldn't be without it!

This looks fab! I have just put it on my Christmas list!! :laughing:
Thank you

The Juggler
23-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I would give it a quick scrub. However i clean my carpets downstairs every 6 weeks since a rather rude inspector said that she noticed `i had a carpet cleaner and did I have any intention of using it as she thought my floors were not clean enough

every six weeks:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMW where do you find the time!

PixiePetal
23-11-2010, 02:13 PM
2 Argos delivery men brought my new futon for the playroom this morning - both came in with dirty boots and left footprints on my carpet :angry: :angry:

Quick whizz with the hand held washer :thumbsup:

sweets
23-11-2010, 02:17 PM

just had a look at the link, it looks a great cleaner, especially if it makes you smile like the lady on the photos! lol. who on earth smiles like that when a drink is spillled lol

PixiePetal
23-11-2010, 02:54 PM
just had a look at the link, it looks a great cleaner, especially if it makes you smile like the lady on the photos! lol. who on earth smiles like that when a drink is spillled lol

certainly not me :angry: :rolleyes:

I got it cheaper than that by looking about too

kindredspirits
23-11-2010, 04:01 PM
definately clean the carpet or get a big thing of anti-bac spray and spray it everywhere.!!