PDA

View Full Version : holidays

Helen79
22-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Just wondering how much holiday days everyone takes?
And if you don't work bank holidays do you include those in your holiday time or are they extra days off?

solly
22-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I usually take 4 weeks holiday, although this year I have only taken 3. Bank holidays are extra and not included in my 4 weeks :)

Hebs
22-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I usually take 4 weeks holiday, although this year I have only taken 3. Bank holidays are extra and not included in my 4 weeks :)

i take a max of 4 weeks off, and dont include bank holidays in that

this year i have only taken 2 weeks and 3 days off :thumbsup:

Goatgirl
22-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi :),
I generally take my hols during school hols as I only have one mindee for one day a week who isn't on a term time only contract :). The term time onlies come when there are enough of them needing childcare on the same days to make it worth my while working during the holidays. Parents are happy with this as they can often get temporary hol care from relatives, friends etc and usually take their own holidays at those times, so are not having to pay me for what they don't need. (I charge for their hols in contracted hours, but not for mine).

I take time whenever it suits me, with 4 weeks notice and haven't set a limit on it, but probably would if I had lots of year round contracts... maybe 4-6 weeks a year, which seems to be about wht I feel I 'need' anyway, to recharge my batteries and stay at my best for the children :). I wouldn't count bank hols in this:they're a welcome 'extra' :thumbsup:

I haven't yet worked a bank holiday, as I don't want to :laughing: and tell parents this when we first meet. I do say that if they are desperate and give me enough notice I would do it for an extortionate amount of money per hour :D. I don't charge for them as I'm not really available...

Hope this helps :)

best wishes,
Wendy

Lady Haha
22-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I state in my contracts that I am entitled to four weeks, but I have never taken that much. As a rule I take one week in June and then two days at Christmas (with all the bank hols it's a week I get off really).

But the four weeks is there if I want them!!!

Childrenatheart
22-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I take up to 5 weeks plus BH's, usually during school hols, plus training days. I don't charge if I'm on holiday & most of my mindies are TTO anyway. My DH gets 6 wks plus up to 12 more flexi days so this works well for us but I say 'up to' in my contracts so if money is tight I can take less

miffy
22-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Around 4 weeks plus bank holidays

Miffy xx

clio0602
22-11-2010, 01:14 PM
4 to 5 weeks plus bank hols xx

Daisy1956
22-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Five weeks plus bank hols. I need the break:)

Curly Quavers
22-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I take 6 weeks and just ignore bank holidays. (just an other day)

I don't charge for my 6 weeks either.

little chickee
22-11-2010, 03:42 PM
5 weeks at the moment - as of Jan 2011 i'm taking 6:clapping: I tend to just work bank holidays.

I always take my full allowance of holidays - my own boys deserve some time with the house to themselves and we can do things that i cant do with 3 under 3's in tow.

snufflepuff
22-11-2010, 04:38 PM
It says in my contracts that I take 4 weeks. Although I have been minding since March and by the end of the year will have taken only 7 days! :eek: Mindees are all part timers so I haven't felt the need to take lots of time off. They have taken their own holiday time, and nobody needs me over Christmas so i'll get a break then.
Bank holidays are on top of this

rickysmiths
22-11-2010, 05:45 PM
I take 25 days plus Bank Holidays and I always take all of them.:clapping:

I need them and no one gives me any medals for not taking them. After all the parents have their holidays don't they?

I know we are not employed but the Govenment require that all those in reciept of min wage get 25 paid days holiday a year.

manjay
22-11-2010, 06:20 PM
6 weeks for me plus bank holidays on top.

ChocolateChip
22-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I take 2 weeks in the summer and the week between Christmas and New Year, although I say I will take 4 haven't actually done it yet.
Also say that I may take extra days off for training, appointments, etc. but haven't done that yet either.
Would really like to fit in another week, perhaps at Easter, as I'm still tchnically only getting 3 weeks a year :(
Don't work bank hols, only because people seem to manage without paying the extra fees :D , would do it if asked.

The Juggler
22-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I have 3 weeks hols but I alos charge for bank hols which fall on contracted day AND I only work 3 days per week in the holidays as most of my children are t-time only, so that's another 26 days a year :)