PDA

View Full Version : How shall I spend this ££££

SammyM
21-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Have very unexpectedly been given a £400 grant by Early years to 'provide equipment for childminders to help them to fulfil certain criteria; to work within the EYFS guidelines, ICT, improving the outdoor environment and storage'

I have been given a list of suggested item to spend the money on these are;
A. Laptop.
B. ICT box for EYFS (containing many resources such as walkie talkies, metal detector etc.)
C. Outdoor picnic/sand table with cover.
D. Outdoor music centre.
E. Outdoor play centre.
F. Gardening package (2 planters, gardening kit and greenhouse).
G. Nature package (forest schools starter kit, grab and go mini-beast kit and book).
H. Set of wooden role play panels.
I. Dark den with accessory kit, under the sea cover and camouflage set.
J. Tuff spot with stand, cover and accessories.
K. Multicultural package.
L. Five piece wooden kitchen.
M. Play table with storage

This is a fantastic opportunity and I'm conscious that I really don't want to waste the money, I have a lovely veg garden that we already use so don't really need anything else for that, most of the other CMs are getting laptops but I don't need another one, I'm thinking of a playhouse and maybe some panels / instruments etc for the garden fence. I really don't want any other 'bits' as I'm drowning in clutter as it is.

Can I have your input please, would really like some help on this, don't want to get it wrong!!!:idea: :( :idea: :(

Allie
21-11-2010, 08:42 PM
WOW so jealous:p I would go for big outdoor stuff and for me that would be a play house or a builder kit, I saw one in one of the posh nursery equipment books and it looked great hard hats cement mixer and pretend bricks etc

Allie

Chimps Childminding
21-11-2010, 08:48 PM
WOW so jealous:p I would go for big outdoor stuff and for me that would be a play house or a builder kit, I saw one in one of the posh nursery equipment books and it looked great hard hats cement mixer and pretend bricks etcAllie

I was going to get that with my grant, but decided that I would get fed up of having to keep picking the bricks up :blush: but I did get cement mixers, wheelbarrows, hard hats, hammer drill, ride on diggers etc. :clapping: I agree buy something BIG (or expensive) that you perhaps wouldn't pay for yourself, thats what I did!!