PDA

View Full Version : Colds and nasties

BlondeMoment
21-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Has anyone else been constantly ill since the weather turned?

I've had stomach bugs, colds, tonsilitus, ear infections .....

I seem to start coming down with something towards the end of every week then suffer all weekend and start to feel better about tuesday, only to get something else in time for the next weekend :(

Currently have the worst head cold I can remember. Had a temperature fri night too :( :( :(

Our job is SOOO hard to do when you're really ill and taking time off means we get no pennies.

Moan groan sob sob

Joys of working with children x

Ripeberry
21-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm just like you at the moment :( All four of my mindees (different days) have nasty colds and yesterday whilst watching Harry Potter in the cinema I just started to feel worse and worse with pains in my joints.
This morning felt like a Zombie, been dosing myself up with Lemsip most of the day.
Got a very busy week ahead and NOT looking forward to it when I feel so rough :mad:

BlondeMoment
21-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm just like you at the moment :( All four of my mindees (different days) have nasty colds and yesterday whilst watching Harry Potter in the cinema I just started to feel worse and worse with pains in my joints.
This morning felt like a Zombie, been dosing myself up with Lemsip most of the day.
Got a very busy week ahead and NOT looking forward to it when I feel so rough :mad:

Poor you!

I've got a trip to the zoo Tues thats been planned for weeks with my cousin and my sister and their kids. Don't wanna cancel but may have to :(
Cancel what you can babe. Don't push yourself too far

sarah707
21-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Poor you!

Start taking vitamin C and zinc and echinacea every other week... see if you can boost your immune system.

Eat really well... lots of fruit and veggies and get out for some fresh air every day if you can.

Give yourself every chance of fighting the nasties. Hugs xx

Dragonfly
21-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes ,me too, dont get colds very often but have one at present with a nasty cough yet again:angry: not angry with anyone for giving them to me (although I wish parents would be a bit more considerate) but angry at myself for catching them again!

BlondeMoment
21-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Yes ,me too, dont get colds very often but have one at present with a nasty cough yet again:angry: not angry with anyone for giving them to me (although I wish parents would be a bit more considerate) but angry at myself for catching them again!

Ah no one can help catching colds and stuff. All part of working with children. Just wish I could have a break from it. Been constant for weeks!

babs
21-11-2010, 09:21 PM
ive been ill for last 4 weeks going into 5th week so know how you feel, 3 lots of antibiotics once this course is finished with :( feel like im gonna rattle soon... Not been this ill with colds and stuff for years i normaly shake them quickly.

clio0602
21-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Me too I'm very rarely ill but sat here now with lemsip, blanket and a box of tissues feeling sorry for myself.

Typical my adhoc contract wants me all wk too :(

Hope we all feel better soon xxx

butterfly
22-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I've felt horrible for over a week now so decided to go to the doctors this morning. She gave me antibiotics but said she didn't think they'd do much! She said that it is normal for a cold to last up to 3 weeks! I've never had a cold this long which doesn't seem to be getting any better!

I'm on every potion I can think of but it's so depressing when you wake up in the morning and still feel rough! I've been going to bed at 7am every night and resting when the children are asleep in the afternoon.

BlondeMoment
22-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Luckily I just had one little boy today who I drop off at school and pick up again for the evening till 8. So from about 9.30 to 2 I went back to bed and slept solidly! thats after going to bed at 9 the night before!
Gonna have to cancel tomorrows plans. Really didn't want to but what else can i do. It's rained all day here today anyway :(

funemnx
22-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I almost never get coughs and colds but have had one after the other since September. Poor hubby home now with shivery, temperature, dizzy, sore throat - I think there's a lot of nasty bugs about this winter :(

BlondeMoment
22-11-2010, 06:40 PM
:( :( :(
Poor you. Hope you're both better soon
I recommend Day Nurse in liquid form. gets into your system nice and quick and just picks you up enough to get a few things done.
Although it's not working it's usual magic with me this time I must admit