PDA

View Full Version : Permission form question!

SaijaM
21-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a relaxing Sunday :)

Sorry if this has been asked about a million times, but my mum is coming over to visit next week for 10 days.. do I need to do something about it ie ask for permission forms to be signed for her to be around the kids?
She's obviously not going to roam around all day long everyday - she will go out shopping etc. and sightseeing too ;)

But just wondering if it's necessary or not.. parents do know she's coming though.

xx Thanks!
Saija

rickysmiths
21-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Personally I wouldn't do permission forms what if a parent says no? My Dad comes to stay sometimes and my MIL who lives close just pops in if shes passing by-mindees call her Granny because my children do! She has also come on outings with us! It is part of coming to a home based carer. I'm sure you will be with the children at all times anyway so there should be no problem.

Penny1959
21-11-2010, 04:21 PM
My understanding is you do not need a permission form - although you should of course inform parents that your mum is visiting.

You may need a risk assessment if like my mum, your mum carries tablerts and such in her handbag or if likely to leave hot drinks within reach of the children.

My understanding is also that a visit of 10 days comes under 'normal' family visits but longer visits you do need to inform Ofsted and they may require the visitor to have a crb.

Penny :)

singingcactus
21-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I've never done a permission form either, I am in the lucky position of having a mum who has an enhanced CRB so don't have to worry about whether I have to worry about OFSTED either (iykwim).
All the kids I have had over the last 20 years or so have loved having my mum to visit, she will read to them, chat to them, tell them stories, play with them but never nag them or make them tidy up :D . They have nearly all called her grandma as well - never sure how I feel about that but can't seem to stop them doing it.
It's a great chance for kids to interact with the ancient ones of our society, so I see it as a learning bonus for the kids and do not get permission. I do let the parents know in good time though, so if they didn't want their child here at the same time then they can make alternative arrangements.

SaijaM
21-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok - thanks so much :) appreciate it.

xx Saija

Chatterbox Childcare
21-11-2010, 06:36 PM
You don't need permission forms but you cannot leave the children alone with your mum at any time