PDA

View Full Version : Meeting New Potential Parents

phoebe-alice
20-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I've just found out I now have a Friday free, so phoned a lady who enquired about Friday care last week. She still hadn't found anybody and is keen to meet.
Lately things have been one thing after another but so happy at the thought I could be taking on two more little ones a 15 month old girl and 3 year old boy.
Mum is coming on Monday and Tuesday, lets hope all goes well. :clapping:

Also mum mentioned on the phone about using childcare vouchers, which I have had no experience of so can anybody give me any advise on how they work, or how I use them? Any help would be great.

A good end to the day, and week for that matter. Now for some dinner and putting my feet up. Hope you all have had a lovely week, and enjoy your weekend.

keeks
20-11-2010, 11:00 PM
It's good when things fall into place! Well done, and good luck next week. :thumbsup:

Have no experience of vouchers, sorry.

xx

rickysmiths
20-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Childcare vouchers are really easy. There are numerous companies that operate them, Care4, Busy Bees, Sodexo, Fideliti.......

The parents are allowed up to £243 each. The parents should provide you with a pack, or get one sent to you via their HR dept at work. There will be a form to fill in with you details including Bank Details and they will usually want you to send a copy of your Registration Cert back with the form.

The parents then instruct the voucher company to pay you each week or month. All mine are paid monthly. Just be aware though that if the parent is paid in the middle of the month as some are that your voucher money can't be paid until then. I had one lot from a mum that were paid on the 14th of the month, though in 16yrs of minding and accepting vouchers all that time this has only happened once!

Very easy and it means that at least part of your pay goes straight into the bank.