Hello everyone,
Well i'm glad that days over with.
Started off well, then i locked myself and lo's out of the house.:panic:

claire'scherubs
19-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Sorry shouldn't laugh but................. how the heck did you do that

miffy
19-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Oh no! Sounds stressful - hope it wasn't raining!

Miffy xx

Debbieanne
19-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Oh claire....don't ask, iv been dreading the day!!!
I lock the door from the inside and leave the keys in the lock so mindees cant get out. trouble is if you go out and shut it behind you without taking the keys out, YOU AINT GETTING BACK IN.

Miffy.....stressed big style and fortunatly it wasnt raining.
still cross with myself!!!

Has any one a plan in place incase this happens???

miffy
19-11-2010, 09:49 PM
My doors aren't like that - you have to physically turn the key to lock them.

Now you've identified the risk :rolleyes: you should decide what you can do to stop it happening again and alter your RA. Could you carry the keys with you?

Hope it didn't take you too long to get back in.

Miffy xx

claire'scherubs
19-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Poor thing what a nightmare........can you 'hide' a key anywhere or leave one with a neighbour?

We have a key in the dog run, no one would get in there and get if the dog didn't know you.

Don't be cross with yourself with all do something silly, Im doing it all the time at the moment.......Ive just discovered that the cats have been locked in the garage all day:blush: They must have gone in when I was swopping buggies over this morning

SYLVIA
19-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Oh dear. Poor you! We have a keybox in our porch that needs a combination number entered to open it and the key is inside. Mind you we still have to remember to put the key back when we use it.

mrs_scottydog
19-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Poor you Debbie. I got locked out a few of years ago, after having to get my husband to come home from work to let me back in, my neighbour now has a key. Hx

mama2three
20-11-2010, 08:46 AM
I got locked in when a mindee decided to post my keys through the letter box.
After searching frantically for my keys all morning , and wondering what the hell I would do if there was an emergency - and whether I would need to pass mindees to parents out of the window - and thinking how the hell can i lose the keys , I had them to lock the door behind last mindee- a friend found them on the doorstep!
They are now on a very high hook!!

singingcactus
20-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Hehe, I've done that before too. I ended up taking the little guy I had into the local family pub for lunch! There was no other place to go at that time, and it was freezing and raining. Pub owner was a friend of the boys family, it was after the smoking ban so all in all felt it was better to expose him to limited beer drinking than pneumonia. Shortly after that my mum moved to the village so she held a key for me (she has an enhanced crb so no worries) because I was forever locking myself out.
Now in a house where the key needs to be turned so won't ever happen here :D

Monkey26
20-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I locked myself and 4 mindees out (extended ratio) a couple of weeks ago. I had lent my car to a friend (fellow childminder) for the weekend but had kept hold of my house key.
On the Monday morning my partner left at the same time as me and the kids so locked up... Wasn't until i got back at 11.30am that i realised i didn't have a key!!! And my ex housemate who holds the spare key was in a meeting in London (we live in Devon!) so i had to drive to partners work to pick up a key - worked out nicely in the end as all 4 had a beautifully long sleep followed by a late lunch but at the time it was more than stressful!!!
Now the minder who borrowed the car in the first place has a spare key too haha xx

Toothfairy
20-11-2010, 12:20 PM
After doing the same thing myself :blush: I bought a Key Safe from Robert Dyers (£15).
It is a little metal box which we screwed to the exterior wall outside our backdoor. You need the combination to get into the box to retrieve the spare key.

It has been a god send with our teenage daughters who are always forgetting their keys! :D

AliceK
20-11-2010, 08:08 PM
The thing is with what Debbieanne did is that even if you have another key you still can't get in as the key wont work from the outside if you have a key left in the lock inside. I know this as I did this myself last winter. When we had all the snow. Although I had my keys on my I had shut the door with OH's keys still sitting in the lock insdie. It was impossible to get in and we couldn't reach the keys in the door through the letterbox to pull them out. Luckily one of the small upstairs windows was open so OH had to borrow a big ladder and in about a foot of snow put it up to the bedroom window, reach in, open the large window and climb in. I felt so bad. Luckily it was a weekend so not working.

xxxxxx

Rubybubbles
20-11-2010, 08:44 PM
oh no! we have one of the close the door and you can't get in without the key door, it's a nightmare:panic:

I always keep the eye in my back pocket, and my 2 emergancy childminders have a space key lol! Last year my friend locked herself out with a key in and it cost her £220 to get the locksmith out:eek: (our hubby were both away so she had no spare key!)