PDA

View Full Version : What will NCMA be doing for ALL childminders this coming year?

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2010, 06:19 PM
these resolutions were passed at the Conference, with number 3 being my favourite

1 Frequency of inspections

It is proposed that NCMA should lobby government to change their inspection procedure in England to focus inspections on registered childminders with lower gradings. Childminders with lower gradings would receive more regular inspections, whilst the time between inspections would be extended for Outstanding providers.

2 Grandparent care

It is proposed that NCMA should lobby government to allow parents to be eligible to claim the childcare element of Working Tax Credit if the registered childminder offering care is also the child's grandparent, and living in the same home.

3 Vouchers for childcare element of Working Tax Credit

It is proposed that NCMA should lobby government to change the childcare element of the Working Tax Credit scheme so that parents are paid by vouchers that can only be accepted by registered childcarers

4 Social services placements

It is proposed that NCMA should lobby government to ensure that social services work in partnership with childminders if a child that they have provided care for in the past is placed under the care of the local authority, and that the childminder can be considered as an option for their childcare.

Blaze
19-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Lets hope NCMA are successful:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
19-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks Debbie. Very interesting and will await outcomes :thumbsup:

angeldelight
19-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks Debbie

Very interesting

Angel xx

miffy
19-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for that Debbie.

Miffy xx

Penny1959
20-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks for information Debbie - hope something gets sorted about number 3

Penny :)

singlewiththree
20-11-2010, 07:48 AM
The interesting this here is though that whatever decision we had made in the room wouldn't have affected the decision as the majority of votes were postal and were already a large majority in favour

manjay
20-11-2010, 09:42 AM
The interesting this here is though that whatever decision we had made in the room wouldn't have affected the decision as the majority of votes were postal and were already a large majority in favour

Which is a shame I think as I don't think you get the full feel of the arguement unless you are in the room and taking part in the discussion.

I know NCMA will do their best with lobbying these issues for all childminders. We also had updates on the resolutions that were passed last year.

sarah707
20-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Thank you for keeping us informed :D

rickysmiths
20-11-2010, 10:05 AM

Yes we felt that. It was more so this year than it has been before because proposals have been defeated at Conference in the past. I think that maybe there should be a debate on line or something before the postal votes are counted. Maybe the speaches could be put online so the postal voters could read them and then there be a short question and answer forum so they get the opportunity of debate that we had in the conference room.

Polly2
21-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Which is a shame I think as I don't think you get the full feel of the arguement unless you are in the room and taking part in the discussion.

I know NCMA will do their best with lobbying these issues for all childminders. We also had updates on the resolutions that were passed last year.

I agree - I completely changed my mind on one of the issues after I heard the debate.