PDA

View Full Version : Afterschoolies help

SamBaker
19-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I have got quite a few afterschoolies starting with me, do I need to do a learning journal for each of them? They are all about 5 years old.
My first lo started this week and I have written down a few obs about her and have put down a few of the activities we have done.
Any help would be so muchly appreciated

Thank you!!

mama2three
19-11-2010, 11:06 AM
It depends when their birthdays fall if they are 5.
you need to keep doing it until 31st August after their 5th birthdays .

Goatgirl
19-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi :),
I don't think you need to do EYFS with over 5's, unless they are still in reception year at school.
Even then, a learning journey sounds like alot of work. Just get permissions etc signed from parents to say you can share info with school; send letter to school teacher saying you have to work in partnership etc and agree a way to 'share' e.g. a parent/school/childminder book with brief comments about progress, what mindees have participated in, talked about, seem to enjoy etc...

hope this helps :)

Minstrel
19-11-2010, 02:47 PM
If still in Reception then yes, but even this needn't be much as it is reflective on the amount of time they spend with you- school will be doing most.

With older children why not get them to make their own and add to it- keeps them busy and is lovely for their parents to keep.

SamBaker
19-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Thank you for that, I will carry on with my first LO as she is only 4 but in full time ed, it will be good practise to start with, I think

miffy
19-11-2010, 04:13 PM
It depends when their birthdays fall if they are 5.
you need to keep doing it until 31st August after their 5th birthdays .

That's right. But don't forget the majority of EYFS work will be done by school.

If you're only having the child a few hours a day before and after school you don't need to do too much.

Miffy xx

SamBaker
19-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Oooh good, I like being broken in gently to all this, been getting in a right muddle with it lol!