View Full Version : Accredited Childminder

19-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi just a quick question! I would like to be able to accept children for Education Grant Places, I believe you need to be an accredited childminder to do this.

If this is correct how do I go about doing this and can I do it straight away as I am newly registered or do I need to have been minding for a length of time first

Please Help!!


19-11-2010, 11:24 AM
It depends on your local area... they haven't even put accreditation for childminders in place where I live.

I'd ring your local people and ask :D

19-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Get in touch with your support officer and she will talk it through with you if it's in place in your area.

You have to have a min 'good' Ofsted grading, have a level 3 in Childcare & EY Ed or the same as!

Apart from that you have to have all your policies in place and be doing the LJ's to a good standard.

You also need to have a prospectus with certain information in it, you will get information on this and about when and where to send it off for inspection.

Then you will have a visit or 2 from Ed Dept they assess the way you work (nicer than Ofsted) ;)

From begining to end it took me about 3mths.

It's worth it in the end :thumbsup: