PDA

View Full Version : How do you do your risk assessments?

Hellsbells
12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
I've got my pre-reg inspection on wednesday and I'm trying to get the paperwork sorted. Brain overload!
Can anyone help with risk assessments? Is there a template or framework somewhere that I could look at as I'm a bit stumped about where to start?

Thanks

ChocolateChip
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I know there are some on the Bromley cma site- sorry don't know how to put links in!
Tbh I'm the same as you, my inspector is due either mon, wed or fri, she couldn't say when and I've got nothing done yet.
I might just have to do the initial one I got for my pre-reg and say that I'm in the process of developing them.

There are some helpful threads on here if you have a look through.
Not much help, sorry! :(

sarah707
12-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Look at each room in your house and at your garden with the eyes of a child.
- think about the risks... trailing wires, plug sockets, doors that might close on fingers...
- think about who might get hurt and how... eg baby might hurt his hand in the door or toddler might bump himself on a corner of a unit
- think about the injury and how serious it might be... trailing wires plus teething baby = death... etc
- think about how you can prevent the risk... putting covers in sockets, sturdy wedges to hold doors open, corner covers on units etc...

Write it all down... and be obvious, it's often the obvious things you miss! :D

miffy
12-04-2008, 06:32 PM
There are other threads too about risk assessments so take a look around the forum

Some examples here you can adapt to your setting

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Nikki - if you want to add a link just type it in as above and it should link automatically

miffy xx

Tatia
13-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I bought Sarah Nev's getting organized pack and it includes a daily safety checks list that I adapted slightly to fit my setting. You could do worse that starting with her stuff.:cool:

MissTinkerbell
14-04-2008, 04:19 PM
If you go on the Bromley site and then into EYFS you should find a link to a set of Risk Assessments. There's a rfeally good one for the whole of your house which I did for my pre-reg. There are also ones for all the outings - car,park,school, shops, etc. and a general daily risk assessment form.